How to be more open to him?

So I've been seeing this guy for about 6 months now and I haven't been very good to him. We get along fine but I'm not very open about things. He wants me to talk to him more and tell him stuff about my day and about people in my life and I just don't. I leave out details, we aren't bff's I don't talk to him like he's my best girl friend but it seems like that's what he expects. It's gotten a little irritating to him that I don't talk more. I enjoy being in his presence (I don't get to see him very often) and I don't see the need to talk for hours about silly stuff like work, and school, and whatever else. I've never had a relationship before so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want him to think I'm stupid..I feel like he already does. How can I show him I want this to work? What can I do to be more open to him?

What Guys Said 2

• It's tough to say, do you mean you're quiet while he's talking, or do you two just sit there awkwardly, and then he tells you to say something?

• Yeah, I know what you mean. There are a lot of people who feel the need to endlessly talk about their day in minute detail. Some people can't just relax and enjoy being. He might need to smoke some weed, join a drum circle or start meditating. Otherwise, you just might not be compatible. He sounds kind of needy, possessive and insecure.

People may not have this personality with their friends, but it later comes out in relationships.

He's emotionally dependent of you.

The best way to find out if you're both right for each other is to take a month off for him to find his own happiness and social support without "needing" you to fill the gap.

What Girls Said 0