Invited to a wedding for people I never met! Should I go?

So I have been seeing this man and he invited me to his best friend's wedding. I have never met the bride or groom and don't know anyone besides my date. I feel beyond awkward and extremely nervous. Should I go? I kind of feel like I'm invading on someone's special day. What does everyone think? Accept or decline?

Most Helpful Guy

• go for it...i recently went to a wedding where I didn't know the bride and groom and just knew the bride's grandfather and I had a blast, it didn't feel awkward.

• plus if there's an open bar how could you possibly turn that down? lol

• Thanks so much everyone!

What Guys Said 2

• You're not invading anyone's special day. Chances are you'll just get to meet some new people, while your boyfriend gets to have someone special with him on this day, maybe even show you off a little. Still, the focus will not be on you, and I doubt you're going to bother anyone with your presence. In the mean time I'm sure your boyfriend would love to have you there. Don't worry about it.

Accept.

• meet some new people!

go and have a great time

What Girls Said 1

• Ive done that before your a guests with someone who does know them, ide go weddings are fun free food and drinks and your date will be giving the gift. Trust me it will be so fun!