Care to share your best first date?

Have you ever had a date that you knew you'd never forget, One that took your breath away, one that made you giggle, or one that just plain made you feel great?

Were any intimacies exchanged, or was it more lighthearted and and carefree? Did you share your first kiss on the date, or did you do something else, or nothing at all?

I'd like to know of the best dates ever, so that other singles and dating couples including myself can read through the list, get inspired, try some of the great date ideas themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• First date I went on with my ex boyfriend of three years really sparked our relationship and made me excited about what was to become of our future together. We'd never been on a proper date because we met as friends then rushed in to a relationship without dating at all, so we wanted to do something cute as our first official date, even though we were already a couple. He picked me up in his car about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and we drove around our home town, got ice cream and then in a quick decision we decided to put all our money that we were originally going to use to go to the cinema and get dinner with into buying more petrol and just drive as far as the car would take us, we just drove for hours and hours, talking and blasting out each of our favorite songs and really getting to know each other, we just bonded so quickly, both so alike and we just complimented one another as a couple. We drove around all night, stopping at pretty locations every now and again to lay on the car roof and laugh at each other and watch the stars. It was so romantic and we drove around all through the night and then got home as the sun was coming up and went to sleep, no sex, just a little kiss and then that was it. I don't know what is was, we just both felt like we could have just driven off on some adventure and started a whole new life together, just us. Seriously, I will never forget that date and I think it was one of the best days of my life, although a few years down the line we didn't work out and don't talk any more, I'll always be fond of that memory, it's something that neither of us would try to recreate with another partner because it just wouldn't live up to the original.

What Girls Said 5

• This guy and I admitted to each other that we liked each other but were too nervous to make a move on each other so I told him he should take me on a date and I suggested going to a hookah bar. Were in college and lived on north campus away from downtown so we had to take the bus down. We talked the whole way down, he held the door open for me once we got to the bar and acted like a gentleman the whole time. we just smoked hookah for about 45 minutes and it was great. Hookah makes you feel more relaxed so it's easier to not feel so nervous and easier to open up and get to know the other person. We took the bus back to our dorm but didn't kiss or anything until we hung out again later that night. It was so laid back and nice for a date.

• I've never been on a first date before. I'll try to remember to update this if ithat changes.

Or I could totally make one up, if you'd like.

• I'm sure u'll have one sooner than later,

and thanks for the impute on the matter

• it was just coffee and a walk but it just flowed well because there was a good attraction between us and it just felt right.

• My favorite first date was a laid back casual date, nothing too over the top. We grabbed a pizza from papa johns, ate and then went to the theater. After the theater, we drove around town to just talk and hang out more before calling it a night. I'm the type that doesn't like anything really fancy. I mean sometimes is nice to get that treat, you know..but I much rather prefer the laid back dates.

Him and I have been dating for over a year now. (:

In the past, I've had first dates where we went out to a nice restaurant, etc and I had a really good time, but if I had to personally select which first date I could replay over... it would totally be the pizza and theater one. It was considered a cheaper type of date activity, but it sure was amazing. :}

• I have only dated/still dating one guy but our first date was a purple date we went to the fair two summers ago and shared a funnel cake and had a great time :) wouldn't change a thing other than getting burnt

What Guys Said 1

• We started going out after a college dance in February a week before Valentine's day. On Valentine's day, I took my girlfriend to Olive Garden. Just the two of us. Best Valentine's day ever.

-Jay

• happy to hear you guys are still together.

Can I get a bit more detail as to what you talked about or anything that made you see her differently after that night?