Do women hate dating guys younger than them?

So I really want to date this 23 year old but I'm only 17. I always hear that women don't want younger guys and I really want to know if it has ever worked out before...

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I am 21 and have found myself attracted to a few 17-18 year olds lately. These are at my gym, and they're quite mature looking for their age but still. The rush of fun associated with being young can be attractive, but for a serious relationship, you're just in different places in life and if its true that women mature faster than men biologically, it may be more of a motherly relationship which is no fun for the girl. Guys that young usually don't want to settle down either etc. But it happens and it works occasionally.

What Girls Said 14

• Yes it can work out. It all depends on the women. Some women don't like younger men that's true. I never dated younger men until I came across this one guy. The relationship lasted over 6 years if that tells you anything :) It eventually came to an end but not because of age.

• Well most of the time I don't because most guys my age and younger (that I've dated) are severly immature and not ready for a real relationship. So no, they have never worked out for me. But I may be willing to try it again in the future (slight chance though)

• I'm dating a man younger than myself and so far it's the best experience I've ever had. We both have a similar zest for life and our libido matches quite well. You need to be 18 though before considering being with this woman. Your age difference isn't that huge, although you have quite a few changes that will take place between your age of 17-23.

• Well it just depends what I would think of him. If he is mature enough and has a good personality and is cute, yes I would date him.

• Women don't generally go younger because guys take longer to mature than girls so we connect better with someone a bit older. If you can prove to her that you're not the stereotypical overgrown man child then you have a shot.

• Dude...turn 18 first.

• age is never a problem when it comes to real love.

• As long as he's of age and not a total idiot, I'd go younger.

• Age is just a number. Don't let the age difference keep you from trying, because she might like you enough to give yu a chance. Some young men are actually more mature then older men every one grows up at there own time. But tell her how yu feel and go from there.

• You are under 18.

• it's not that they don't like dating younger guys. they just usually go for dating older guys because girls mature faster than guys do, and so a girl needs to find a guy on the same maturity level as her; and that guy is usually older :/ but it doesn't mean we don't find younger guys attractive...lol

• Sorry hun, you have to wait until you're at least 18. Because if you do it now, all you're going to provoke is get her in trouble.

• Well I wouldn't want to get in any trouble with the law..I don't hate it I've just never considered it.

• men never grow up. the reason why an 18 year old can date a 50 year old is because they all act like kids. I would date a younger guy. usually 18 year old guys act like 10 year olds. women want mature men

• So you are basically saying that women are a lot more mature? I have to disagree on that.

• i am saying compared to men, women are more mature. not every female obviously.

What Guys Said 0