Guys, please answer this, thanks! Can I ask?

So when a guy say something like "let's grab dinner some time", but without specifying a date, does he just say it out of courtesy or does he really mean it? Will it be okay for me to ask like "hey, when are we getting dinner together?"

Most Helpful Guy

• A guy won't usually offer to hang out with you if he doesn't really want to hang out with you at all. He's tossing out bait to see if you bite by saying you'd like to do that. Not giving it a date leaves it open so you don't feel pressured and instantly reject him. If you would like to simply suggest a day yourself to show you;re definitely interested

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, your suggestion is OK and actually is quite possibly the absolute best approach.

Follow up with something like "I've got (Friday?) night off from work" and then smile.

Even if he "was" just saying it out of courtesy, if you approach him like that, well all of the sudden his brain might re-write history to where he actually meant it.

The worst that could happen is that he'd shoot you down, in which case you're still not going out to dinner with him (no loss here).

• see it means he is interested.

its a casual ask because he is afraid of a rejection.

i would always ask something in this manner because I was unsure about the girl.. he is interested :D

so if you wanna go , den say sure yes! he does really mean and wants to hang out :) ;)

• That's usually a standard "I'm attracted to you and would like to get to know you better" line for me. I think he'll be thrilled to hear that from you.

What Girls Said 1

• In my experience, if a guy really likes a girl, he won't be vague about it.

Like has already been said, a guy might throw the idea of a date out to see how you respond but if he's really into you, he'll follow up quickly afterward and make a specific time.

If this guy keeps saying 'We should grab dinner sometime' and never follows it up, the guy is a player.

I hope this helps :)