Why would my hook up buddy of a year and a half just completely cut me off with no explanation?

For about a year and a half, I had been having sex with this guy. We never dated but neither of us were seeing anyone else. He always treated me so horribly. For example, one time I freaked out and I texted him and asked him if he could get me the morning after pill and he ignored me. He was always doing stuff like that, but still, every week, he would ask for sex and I would say yes.

Then in January, he left for basic training for the air force and he never said goodbye. Two months later when he got out of training, he texted me, saying he missed me and he was being so nice. I live in Maryland and he's been in tech school in Texas for three months and he comes home in a couple more months. We kept talking and we would send each other pictures and stuff.

Then he completely lost interest. I even sent him a picture and he replied saying "who is this?". Now if I try to text him, he either just ignores me or tells me to leave him alone and he says he doesn't care about me anymore. He won't give me any kind of an explanation. What would make him completely change his mind like that?

F*** you

Most Helpful Guy

• Graduated from basic training? I hate to say it, but he's going to be branching out and meeting a lot of new people. Between his technical school and when he hits the fleet, he's going to be A) Busy and B) wanting to take advantage of all the recreations and amenities the United States Air Force offers to its Active duty air force. When I went to basic training USMC, all we dreamed about was graduating and moving on (that's all that really kept us motivating)..

You guys were never dating officially, he treated you like crap, forget him. bottom line.

What Guys Said 2

• That's a horrible way to treat his door mat f*** buddy. I agree, an officer and a gentleman should know far better.

• I do not understand. The two of you are not even dating, you are just friends who have sex regularly. What do you expect from him?

To answer your question, I think it is likely he has found a new f*** buddy.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like he never had much respect for you to begin with.

"People only treat you the way you allow them to."

He stuck around, got what he wanted and left.

Please if this guy ever contacts you again do not give him the time of day.

-If someone is man enough to have intercourse with you, the least they can do is take the necessary precautions to prevent pregnancy (if those methods fail, he should have been man enough to get you plan b).

Move on and take pride in yourself. You deserve better than that.

• Based on the last few times I've tried to talk to him, I doubt he's ever going to try to contact me. I just wish I knew why

• I know it hurts, but he never respected you to begin with. He knows he can treat you like trash and get away with it. Move on, you deserve better.

• That's what you get honestly when you deal with ass holes...

Why do that to yourself?! I don't understand at all. Why do you think with your f***ing vagina! I had almost the same thing happen to me before thank God he hated sex with me!

Anyway enough of me. If you get pregnant, this is how he's going to react. It's better you guys get a real relatinoship not this!

• By the way, I bought MYSELF the Plan B pill...as a result it messed with my period, scared the sh*t from me in regards to STDS and pregnancy and it messed with my period. I don't have it for a while.

• It wasn't just about sex for me, for some reason I actually cared about him, he's the one who didn't want to date