Girls, what of these is a biggest sign you want the attention/give attention to a guy?

1. You are nice and chatty to him. Mildly teasing here and there, smiling a lot, you start conversations and seem pretty relaxed around him.

2. You are not as nice. You get along but you tease him and call him names all the time. Conversations don't start the normal way but stem from a sarcastic comment you make at him. You try to make him feel he is annoying and spend most of the time arguing playfully with each other.

Seems pretty clear now. So if I'm sitting, minding my own business and she starts something, should I just ignore her? I'm the only one she treats like this and I'm not a pushover or anything, its like she likes doing it just because.

Most Helpful Girl

• i'd go with 1st one.. I would never be mean to the guy I liked.. he wouldn't wanna talk or be near me if I was.. but I wouldn't say pretty relaxed because I get nervous as crud if I'm close to my crush.. but the rest is tots true

• Its not really "mean", you just tease each other a lot and call each other names and you both know you are joking but its only that way when you 2 talk to each other. If another person calls you a playful name, you don't really respond or engage and answer back.

• Yeah. A lot of people grew up with bullies and people who call them names and things like that but in all seriousness, I don't think I have ever been called this many names if you put my early years up until HS together lol.

What Girls Said 11

• When I was in elementary school I used the #2 approach. Didn't really help. I was just a bully. But as I matured I used the #1 approach more and more. Now I only use the #1 approach and it's suprising what a girl can do with a smile and a little teasing here and there these days. :D

• I think she likes you. I've gone #2 on guys I liked but it was when I felt like they weren't paying me attention or I didn't have a chance because another girl was in the way. If she liked you and did something that got your attention, she would repeat it, even if it wasn't that positive. Hence the cycle. She'd probably like to break out of it but can't or this is how she treats guys she likes because sarcasm - and even anger - are easy things to cover attraction with.

• Hmm, that's a tricky one. For the most part, I would go with 1, but, sometimes when you really like someone, but for any reason you might not want to, you're mean to them and push them away. Ever heard of two people who fight and argue a lot and are always at each others throats... then suddenly they're a couple?

When that happens it's because they both had their reasons for not wanting to be with each other, and then yeah, it failed and they gave in.

Either that or you get a wrong impression of them at first, make assumptions or otherwise, then you don't really want to be around them but they want to be around you, and you end up fighting all the time. Until either you go your separate ways or end up together.

Just a few theories.

Usually if a girl is mean to you, it's because she doesn't like you, but it may just be because she got a wrong impression of your or something similar of that.

Or because for some reason she thinks she shouldn't like you.

• Number one. I'd never do the second one to a guy that I'm interested in or anything like that. I only do this to one person, and I don't like him that way so...

• 1

• #1. #2 sounds like something a girl would do when she feels comfortable around a guy she wants to be friends with. Just as friends. If a girl really likes you, she'll be nice to you unconsciously unless you're in high school.

• I agree. But unless she likes every single other person but me, its a bit weird. Like I'm my case, I'm the only one she uses 2 on and on everybody else she uses 1.

• It sounds like you have a crush on her. But if you want my honest opinion without sugar-coating things, I'd say she's not that interested in you. At least not in a romantic way. Or else she might be really immature. I honestly think she's just messing around and feels comfortable being around you just as a friend. She might just feel more comfortable around you than around other guys she's "nice" to. But it seems like there's attraction between you two and who knows what might happen.

• One :)

• I would use #1:)

• i think both are valid, but girls are different and can go either way, I go the #2 way

• I have a female friend that's like this the OP summed up #2 pretty much on point how she acts around me.. always play arguing and sarcastic comments we go back and forth.. for the past 2 weeks she's always been asking me if I was going to and store and if she can ride with me I don't say no or anything but I don't do much more then that.

• yea I don't know about her, but for me the last time I was a #2 to the guy I liked was because I was nervous and just scared around him like I wasn't sure how he felt about me so as a result I came off defensive and sarcastic and stuff because I didn't know if we were just friends or was there more, I knew I wanted more I just didn't know if he wanted...

• 1

• I'm curious, how would number one differ if you were talking to a friend and not a guy you are interested in?

• not interested teasing guys that are not interested in :)

• The first one. The sarcasm part of #2 only applies because I'm usually sarcastic.

• That arises an interesting point. What if you are a self-procclaimed sarcastic person and you use it a whole lot, but only with number 2 and you get into the sarcasm fights? I'm in the second option with her and she tells me she is a sarcastic person, but I only see it when she talks to me and a non-sarcastic person can't really be good at sarcasm if he or she doesn't use it all the time.

• yeah, sarcastic people are, well, consistently sarcastic (with certain exceptions, of course). It could be her way of flirting with you.

• Its just confusing. She has told me many times that the way she acts with me is the way she acts at home, with friends etc At school with all the other classmates ( some of whom are obviously her friends) she is really nice and easy to talk to and not everything has a sarcastic undertone or a playful jab and its a bit hard to believe that a person, whose attitude with the bulk of the people at school is nice and friendly, would change for a single individual, that's why I asked this question..

What Guys Said 1

• Be careful because I had a girl try the #1 approach with me and I immediately fell for her and asked her for her number... less than one week later I no longer want anything to do with this chick because she used me... doesn't wanna hang out always has excuses, never text or calls me, and I was dumb enough to spend almost 100 dollars on her and got nothing in return. Girls are tricky not all but if they wanna play you they know how to pull it off.