I am on a dating website and need a un-hurtful way to say 'you're a friend and nothing more.'

I don't want a "rejection line" but do need a un-hurtful way to say 'you're a friend and nothing more.' Basically, I'm not attracted to you but honestly love your personality. Guys, what doesn't hurt!

Most Helpful Guy

• Uh...it does hurt most of the time no matter how you say it. lol But, just be blunt don't beat around the bush. I would always want girls to tell me they don't like me then to leading me on and keep getting my hopes up. Leading people on is almost torture. So, I say quick like a band aide. Say, I like you as a friend and like to talk to you, but am interested in other people. You gotta allow him to suffer from the rejection, recover and move on...and please don't lead him on.

What Guys Said 3

• No matter what you say it's gonna niggle and bug them, but guys get over it. Just be completely straight and say what you need to say.

When you start to "ummm" and mince your words it gets annoying, especially if they know what's coming.

So yeah, be straight with 'em.

• There is really no good way to do it… Just be respectful and polite about it.

• "You're not my type" or "I just don't find you attractive, sorry."

Either of those will do.

What Girls Said 2

• What site is that? O.O

On to your question. In my experience it is best to tell bluntly, clearly and politely. There is no easy way. They just have to man up.

• how about you just be blunt with it and say that he's just a freind and that you love his personalITY. I find honesty the best way to go.