Why won't she text first? Does she love me like she says?

So I've been single for about 5 years now, and have never had any interest in a girl since my last girlfriend until I started talking to this one regularly. She is so amazing, everything I look for in a woman and more. Buuut... She lives in a different state. I've known her for just about 10 yeas, and in the last year or so we've been talking on a regular basis. We've only gotten into a couple of arguments, which only lasted about 30 minutes tops, which, to me, is phenomenal. I have always been the one to text first, but if I didn't text then she would text me within 24 hours. I've confessed my love for her, and she says she loves me too. Most of her friends are guys, and she has been hanging out with them more lately which is making me go crazy. It's been 5 days since we've talked, and the last thing we talked about was her going to go hang out with some friends and her ex. I got kind of upset when she told me she was hanging out with him because he loves her. She says she doesn't feel anything for him, and I believe her 100%, but I'm just a jealous person. we didn't get into an argument or anything, but I started sending short responses and she stopped replying. Its been 5 days since we've talked and she doesn't say "i love you too" when I tell her I love her. I guess I'm just wondering if she really loves me, and why she won't text me first anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• She won't text you first because it is the girl code lol in other words, girls want to be chased so you should text her first. In terms of whether she loves you, I think she does! But jealousy can ruin a relationship so just deal w that and you two will be fine! :)

• But she has texted me first before. More than once. I have done my fair share of "chasing" only to be led on and sh*t on in the end, and she knows this. I just feel like we aren't as close as we once were. She doesn't do the things she used to do that showed me she cares. I really miss her and feel like she doesn't care and that I'm being replaced with someone she can actually see every day.

What Girls Said 4

• We don't text first because we don't want to seem desperate, and that if you want to talk to us, you will.Though, it seems like your jealousy has gotten the best of you, and that can cause a big problem.

If you're really concerned, just ask her what she thinks about the two of you, call her up and have a serious conversation about it.

• Honestly I don't think I'd do that to a guy I were truly interested in. Or any guy for that matter. Apparently some girls like to be chased around, which I guess is OK if the guy is into it too, but it seems you're not the kind that goes for girls who play games. Call her and set things straight. If she doesn't have a good reason for her distant behavior , at least you know what to expect in the future.

• I would call her up & just bring up the concern. Tell her how you really feel & just be honest with her.

• Girls don't like to text first in our heads we think if he wants to talk he'll talk don't stress about her ex or her friends there's not anything going on. Also she stopped textin you long answers cause you were acting weird and just chill.

• Guys (well at least I) feel the same way. I've made it very clear that there is nothing I enjoy more than talking to her. I understand what you're saying, but it's been more than a year. Why Wouldn't she text me if she missed me and wanted to talk?

What Guys Said 0