What to do on the first date and where to go?

Is it true that if you go on a typical date like movies,or dinner or coffee that a guy could ruin his chances at a second date with a lady? how can one be different in a first date that can keep a girl interested? should a guy let the girl make the decision about where to go on the first date does it matter? how can one not be boring because the first date really is about sizing each other up right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey buddy,

Well first dates can be really nerve racking as we all know. But the one thing to remember is to not put too much pressure on yourself. I guess if you want to freak yourself out then you can say that's its all about sizing the other person up, but its better to come from the perspective of its just an intro to getting to know that person more. A first date is kind of like a movie trailer. You don't spoil the plot but you have enough fun so that she wants to see you again. Thats all.

In terms of who plans it .. well the guy should always plan it! I know that you want her to be happy and that you value her opinion and blah blah but at the end of the day a girl respects you more if you take the initiative and plan the date.

Usually its good to keep a date low keyish. Dont go over the top and totally pamper her .. because then she will be thinking to herself .. why is he being so nice to me and what do I have to give him back in return? Coffee is always a good first date, its much easier to say yes to coffee than it is to dinner and a movie. It depends how well you know the girl. The more you know her, the more time you can spend with her on the first date.

At the end of the day its just a little taste test. Just remember to have lots of fun! If things don't go as planned, then use it to create more rapport with her, rather that wrecking the date. None the less I'm sure you will be fine .. and good luck

Hot Alpha Female

• Wow! I did not know that....thanks for the info....

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it matters were a guy brings you on a first date if you like that guy your going 2 have a good time with him I wouldn't care were we went as long as we enjoyed each others company :D

• No way. There's a reason people do typical dinner and a movie, and that's because it WORKS. If there's no second chance it's because during the dinner or whatever she heard or saw something she didn't like and wasn't interested.

To keep a girl interested, don't be pretentious and just be yourself. If she doesn't like that, then what the hell do you want to date her for anyway?

Good luck :)

• I just like getting to know the guy, I could care less where we're at.

What Guys Said 2

• No dinner and movie dates dude. You want to come across as a unique and fun-loving guy. Try doing something exciting where you can still talk and get to know each other, a dinner/movie date can be really awkward for both parties as it's hard to talk while trying to eat 'prettily'. I like to do something that tests the girl, like rock climbing, ice skating, or even just coffee. Remember the point of dating is to actually get to know the other person, not feed your face and numb your brain. Most women actually have no clue what they want when it comes to a date, they are just used to the movie ideal 'knight on white horse'. My suggestion is to do something that you will have fun doing, while also being something that you think you are good at. Being comfortable and cool is imperative on a first date. I hope this helps, Kyle

• Dinner is alright, coffee is fine too. As long as it's some place where you get a chance to talk for a while and enjoy each other's company, it doesn't make any difference. If the place you're taking her doesn't allow that, don't go there.