Guys: Would you know I was talking about me or actually believe that I wanted to help someone else?

Ok so I texted my guy friend and told him I wanted to help a girl on this site but I wanted a guys opinion. So I asked him:

Me: "Should a girl tell a close guy friend she likes him even if it could hurt the friendship?"

Him: "Sure"

Me: "You don't think it would scare him?"

Him: "Nope"

Me: "Should she do it in person or does it matter?"

Him: "Not in person"

Me: "Why not?"

Him: rejection would be easier

Me: I guess. at least he wouldn't see her cry, but that would also give him a chance to not respond.

So, what I'm wondering is, does it sound obvious that I'm talking about me or do you think he actually believed I wanted to help someone else? Would any of you guys actually believe me(that I wanted to help someone else)?

What Guys Said 2

• It depends if he already thinks you have a thing for him he might be smart enough to catch on, but I've had this exact thing happen a girl was talking to me about me and I had no clue so I guess it all depends on if he thinks you already have a thing for him

• Thanks, I'm not sure if he does or not. That's why that thing about "it will make rejection easier" scared me. Cause if he did know, was he hinting he would reject me?, or did he not know and was just speaking generally?. It's so confusing! lol

• haha That'll happen, I mean in a way it does seem like he knows just by the way "he" said over the phone cause rejection would be easier to handle. . . I guess at the end of the day the best way to go about it is take a chance if you feel like being courageous

• Thanks! I do like that he said he didn't think it would scare the guy at least. lol

• It depends how you are with him. If you're all chilled out with him, I'd take it as you talking about some other guy. But if we have that unsure bond, maybe I'd take a hint.

• unsure bond?

• Because we're close friends, and then she talks about a "close friend" she likes. Sounds fishy bro.

• Good point. lol I'm not sure if HE considers us close friends, but I'm pretty sure he knows that I do.

What Girls Said 0