What someone you like calls you 'cute' what do you interpret that as?

Of the following interpretations which one do you think of most?

• Yes they called me cute! They must like me
  • Oh great I just got called cute, Friend zoned!
  • What a nice compliment :)
  • I'm not a puppy! how dare they call me cute!
  • Other (Say what it is)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• What a nice compliment :)

• Cute is an OK compliment coming from a guy, but it makes me think he sees me as a friend or little sister or something. I would interpret hot, sexy, etc as a compliment of romantic interest. But cute is better than ugly.

On the flip side, I actually prefer cute guys over hot or sexy guys, but I think of the terminology as different when used by guys than girls.

• 9 times out of 10 I'd say A. But of course there are occassions when I know the person is just giving me a general compliment and it doesn't necessarily mean they like me. Like my boyfriend's friend said something I did the other day was cute but I know he wasn't trying to hit on me or anything lol

• usually if a girl says your cute its because you are already very close so you don't have to worry about it. I call my boyfriend cute all the time. Also, some girls are to shy to say what they actually want to say so they use "cute" as a safe substitute

• When people call me cute it seems like they are talking about my personality

• I always get called cute when I wear flat shoes or dress really girlie but I HATE it as a compliment it just makes me think of a fat kitten or some fat but small fluffy animal.

• A nice way to tell me in ugly without hurting my feelings :D

• E.

I think the real interpretation is "you're alright."

• I hate it when a guy says I'm cute, it's like great...that makes me feel so much better.

• Somehow I always take it as not physically attractive.

• You shouldn't... Cute has more to do with how you act then how hot you are on a sliding scale. A girl could be anywhere from average to hot but be playful and funny and that would make her cute... It makes you adorable, not in the like a little baby way, but in the I enjoy being around this girl way.

• Maybe but I was talking in terms of comments made after viewing a picture. It's really hard to take as a compliment. =/ still think it's a compliment?

What Guys Said 4

• Those type of compliments pass right by me like if someone said "you have white shoes on", or "your shirt is black"... I know what I am and what I'm not. When someone gives me compliments like that it's like I know... I usually say thanks, knowing it was a kind gesture, but to me it just shows they don't really know me enough to compliment me on what matters.

• She wants in my pants!

Lol jokes aside, I've been called cute but I just don't know how to interpret it because I used to be very self conscious due to being overweight. I'm still in the mindset of not being noticed so it just throws me off and I say thank you. I know sometimes I'm called cute because of my childish behavior though.

• Time to inflitrate.

• never had that happen to me