Do guys prefer girl to text first?

I always wondered why guys never text girls first. When I know that a guy likes me and I am sure he want to text me why is it that guys don't? Are you all thinking what I'm thinking? I try not to or to do it too much because I don't want him to think that I'm going to turn out to be a clingy person. I like this guy and I text him but its usually short and simple and it leads to a more texts and sometimes not but its good to get a reply back from him. I'm just wondering guys...why you don't text first?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do text first; often out of frustration.

I'm afraid of being accused of "stalking" her if I send even one message one time. Because there are girls out there who are that vindictive, and will come after me with K9 units for simply asking: "Hi. How's your week going?"

Yes, I know that sounds paranoid. But you never lived in Big Rapids. I have. That town is insane - everyone hates everyone.

I want to be texted first, so I know she's actually interested in a conversation with me before I proceed to say anything that could be even remotely spun and used against me. I have trust issues, I'll admit.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't mind texting first. Usually when I first meet a girl I do it anyway just to confirm her number.

Your guys don't text you? Maybe they don't like texting, maybe they're busy or have nothing to reply with or maybe they're afraid of looking clingy also. If what you have going is fine when you're with them in person don't be too frazzled about what happens in texts.

• It's not a game, it is covering your ass because lots of women are bat sh*t about this. I know a girl that broke up a six month relationship because a guy sent her three texts without her answering. THREE AND IT WAS HIS GIRLFRIEND! She told me it felt like he was stalking her...three texts over the course of two days...three, not three hundred.

The sad fact is, many guys have had that experience and it makes us NEVER text unless it is a reply.I start sometimes, but will never send two in a row even with my girlfriend. Seriously.

• Wow I would be freaked out if it was 3 in one day but 3 in two days? He was worried. I think she was making up an excuse to break up with him. Six months is when the relationship get serious and she wanted out in my opinion...smh.

• yes I want the girl to follow up first just so id know she's not in some stupid female crazy phaze with me ... and its to try to find out if she's deperate or clingy with me, because if she's not than it tells me that I'm not really wanted and she's just going to be a waste of my time.

• does he like you?

• Lol yes...he hung out with me a couple times and want to hang out again .. because he says he had fun...i thought about it and thinking part of reason is what the guys below said and his longest relatiinship was 4to yrs...so maybe he's being careful and to know I'm interested make him feel secure? He is also a counselor too so maybe that's why he is the way he is...ill find out I guess

• I am the one who texts first almost all of the time. I loooooove when a girl texts me first (if I "like her") it shows that she is interested and it puts me in such a good mood.

• Yea...I think he likes it too now that I think about it. I would send humorous text and he would text back as if he is laughing. I usually text back right away if not within 30 minutes.. I guess that count for something.

• I mean he would usually text back right away or within 30 minutes:)

What Girls Said 2

• If he around our age I don't think it a game probably used to the fact that you are the one who always text him first. Speak up and explain to him that you want him to text you first.

• It's a game