Have you ever dated someone you hadn't met in person before the date?

A chick added me on Facebook a few weeks back, and I messaged her asking if I knew her, and then she started flirting with me and she explained that she'd seen me in my religious place sometime but we'd never talked. (I know she wasn't making it up cause she knew who my mom is.) I found her cute so I said we should go out sometime. She agreed. It's been a couple weeks now or something that we've been texting/chatting, and we would've gone out already but I've been busy with school. Do you think it'll be weird if/when we go out? Any tips? And of course, as the question title asks, have you ever gone out with someone you haven't met in person before?

And in case any of you are wondering (I certainly did...), I'm pretty sure this is legit, cause as I said, she knows my mom, and also, our siblings know each other (according to her at least haha) and she also web cammed me at one point (so there's no one impersonating her or anything :P).

And yeah, I am a bit wary cause it is kinda weird how forward she was at the start. Now she's not really as forward but on the first day we talked she was calling me cute and everything.

If you were me, and you were going to go on a date with her, where would you go?

• Yes, I've gone out with someone I'd never seen before
  • Nope, never have, never will. Too weird.
  • No, I haven't, but I might in the future.

Most Helpful Guy

• its too weird I'd never do it. but hey hurry up and go out with her. not every day you get a cute chick adding you on fb and calling you cute

What Girls Said 22

• "In my religious place" - is that like your happy place, only you have to scourge yourself?

Good luck to you! I don't think there's anything to be really afraid of. You guys are talking, but not officially dating. It's only going to be weird on the first date if you make it weird. You know plenty about her, so you can keep conversation going, and you're already fairly comfortable with each other. You've even had a Skype date. I think you're okay. I'm not usually a fan of web-based relationships, but this will be corporeal and just started a little unconventionally.

Of course, I have never dated via the Internet, so I may not be the person you wished polled.

I live in NY, so I'd do something very laid-back and fun with her, but I don't know what's around you, nor do I know her interests. You know her best. Sweet-talk the pants off her! (metaphorically, of course)

BE YOURSELF. She already likes you for you. :o)

• Lol. Nah it's just like a church, except I don't wanna specify what it is. (Don't worry, I'm not part of some weird KKK thing ;) )

Thanks haha. LOL no! It wasn't a Skype date lmao. It just got strange haha. She just vid chatted me when her friends were around and I was bored so I went along with it but nothing really happened except a lot of screaming from her friends. And tbh I don't know plenty about her... haha

Nah not at all, I'm glad you answered :)

I'm from the city. Suggestions?

• Haha nah not NYC.

Bowling would be fine right?

• Bowling's not quite my thing, but yeah, it's an option!

• I would never go on a date with someone that I didn't know. I don't meet anyone or even talk to anyone online that I don't know. I don't even like blind dates.

• I got set up on a blind date by a friend of mine back in high school. It was the most terrible date I've ever been on. I would only consider going on a date with someone I've never met again if I could get to know them via online and maybe some texting/calls first.

• Best place is walking together on a beautiful place, for example nearby a lake or the woods. A nice place you know about or a place you're grown up by. My best date was walking nearby a lake. It was sunny, we could talk in private and it lasted for around two hours! So yes, it's the best date I'll recommend :)

as a follow up, the next place should be or contain common interests if you ask me. Hope you find this answer useful! :)

• I have a feeling that's kinda boring for two people in high school/going into uni though :/

• yes. my current boyfriend. we read each others profiles on okcupid and besides texting that's all we knew before our first date. 11 months and living together now :)

• uhh noope...well for starters I don't really like adding people I haven't met at all in person on Facebook so I would never know...buut as long as I've met them at least once, or we have a mutual friend, I say why nott ! :) it shouldn't be weird, jusst be yourself and act like she's one of your friends at first and see where it goes. don't flirt with her the second you see her because she might get a little creeped out ..good luck !

• if I was you I would go out with her and take her somewhere fun and exciting she sounds like me starts to hit on guys when she first meets them and like fun exciting things...

• Wanna give an example of "somewhere fun"?

• 6flags, bowling, skydiving, clubs, the beach when nobody is there, or rollerskating

• Yes I did.

• Nope, way too weird. Plus the last time I added a guy I didn't know he went all freak on me. He was like you me a movie? Then he said he loved me when he had never met me and didn't know me.

• LOL that's kinda creepy :P

• I have, but only because my friend set us up. He added me on Facebook after my friend told us both about each other.and we talked for a while, met up and he is now my boyfriend >3

• I don't think I can do that. That's too much of a mystery. I got to be comfortable & know a guy pretty well before I date him. If I haven't seen how he looked that could put me up under a lot of pressure that I don't need to go through.

• I have done lots of blind dates some bad one really great one still dating

• It's interesting how most people are saying no yet random guys ask girls out all the time and we are supposed to go out with them. So, for the sake of being equal, I think you should go out with her and see what happens.

• Well, usually the asking-out is in person hahaha. In this case it's not. But alright.

• Yep. A blind date that my friend had put me with. But there was never an attraction. So now we're just good friends.

• it's a bit too weird, so no, and I don't think I ever could

• Nooooo.

• I did but it ended horribly. He was decent looking but kept trying to load me up with drinks and kept talking about how much money he makes. Then got pissy when I wouldn't sleep with him on the first date. That's just not what I go for.

• Yikes :/ hope you've had better experiences since then haha.

• Nope, never have and never will. I'm happily married.

• That's nice :)

Hope you don't mind my asking, but what are you doing on this site haha? You just like giving others advice? (I'm asking because most people are on here or got started on here because they needed help with relationships, but you say you're happily married.)

• yeah everything is okay. He died but his family was very thankful for everything, they came and talked to us and that helped me a lot :)

• That's nice! :)

• This guy that I've been talking to for months is finally going to meeet me this Saturday. His plane gets in really early in the morning. He already bought us tickets to a concert that Saturday night.

I have met people on dating site before also

• ya that's how I met my boyfriend :) we met through a friend but I never saw him in person b4 that - I only spied on his profile becvause I found him to be very cute :)

• I've had a situation like that. We met on Facebook then started dating for a bit.

• Where did you end up going for your first date, if you don't mind saying?

• He lived pretty far away, so I stayed with him. I guess our first date was a restaurant?

What Guys Said 2

• keep it casual - think of more as getting to know her than as a "first date". cinema might be a good starting point, because you haven't got to talk too much and the film gives you something to talk about afterward (and leads nicely onto other topics of conversations - films, music, actors, other hobbies etc etc). maybe take her for a drink afterward if it's going well, to get to know her a bit better? evening is always a good time to go out, it's easier to find excuses to leave if it's awkward ("i really hate to do this to you, but I've got to get up early for work tomorrow..").

• I think a movie would be hella awkward... but thanks for the advice :)

• maybe go for coffee, but for me I never take them to my religious place last thing you want is a bad memory of that place