How to not be intimidated by a successful girl when I still have a year left in college?

Basically there is a really awesome girl at my new job. I'm just working for the summer and she has been there for a year or so, but is only 3 years older. So how can I impress her / ask her out? Any tips or stories of your own experiences with this situation either girls or guys. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• why are you intimidated? you are in college and you have the same job as she does. if you are good looking on top of that she should be the intimidated and flattered at the same time because a younger guy is interested in her

• Ha yeah that's a good point, didn't think about that. But technically I'm like an summer intern and she is all year round, but still you make a good point. Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• My personal opinion = maturity, ambition, and confidence. It's easier said than done, but don't think that she's better than you, because A) she's not and B) she'll be able to pick up on that. Just be yourself and f you know what you want to do with your life and are taking steps to get there, that's always a plus!

• Ok thanks, the place I'm working at is the career I want after I graduate. When is an acceptible amount of time to wait to ask her out? I mean we haven't really talked besides the occasional hello lol. And I just started working there, we did become Facebook friends haha.

• It's good that you guys are Facebook friends haha. If you think you'll have more time to talk to her before asking her out, I might try to initiate a conversation or two to get her phone number over a lunch break or something. When it comes to timing, it depends on the girl. If I don't know a guy and he asks me out, I'll probably say yes to a casual date like coffee/lunch. Hopefully that answers your question - let me know!

• what about a girl who is in a relationship but not happy? Everything else is the same.

• if you feel intimidated by her, then you're not right for her.

• I don't feel intimidated by HER, but because I don't know how to approach her and ask her to lunch or on a date, because of her being already set in her career and me just getting started with mine.

• That's just plain not true. If the idea of being with her isn't intimidating or exciting, then there's no point.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't put the p**** on a pedestal

• Nobody can answer that... just have to man up, really. If being yourself doesn't interest her, she's not for you.