What do you think of bowling as a first date? Yay or nay?

You could just answer the poll if you want, but an explanation would be appreciated as well :).

Just for added clarification, I guess there'd be two cases: one, where the people don't know each other well, and the other, where they've known each other for a while, enough to be pretty comfortable around each other (at least when not dating).

For the poll we'll just stick with the case I'm in - we don't know each other well at all - but feel free to focus on either case if you wanna do a written answer.

• Given we don't really know each other very well at all, I'm totally up for a bowling first date
  • Given we don't really know each other very well at all, I'm not really into a bowling first date
  • I'm indifferent
It seems like the general opinion is that it's a good date!

... I kinda suck @ss at bowling lol :P. But it should be fine I hope.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's one of the best first dates in my opinion! actually, one of the best dates period!

it's fun, doesn't come with any pressure as long as you're not competitive in a serious way. but playful competitiveness is great! and it's a lot more natural than going to some fancy restaurant, which also relieves any pressure because of the fun atmosphere!

that's my opinion at least. I personally prefer dates like that cause they're more fun and natural. fancy dates are nice once in a while, but they feel too uptight to me :)

• haha don't worry about your skill, not many people are generally good at bowling. and it's more fun when you're not, because if you get a good score, it's a lot more exciting than if you knew you were gonna get it :)

What Girls Said 14

• I can't bowl without hurting myself and I refuse to go to the only bowling alley there is around here. I think everybody who has dated a bit has that one ex that just won't settle down, let go, and back off. Mine lurks there.

Other than that, I think it would be a great first date. Fun, relaxed, and a chance to chat more than during a movie, which is imporant if you want to get to know each other better. I think you should give it a shot. Here's wishing you luck :)

• I think a girl would love that. just make sure you aren't competitive or else that'll be bad. Make sure she knows so she can wear something comfy. Its a little child-like but I would be in for it. Sounds like a good way to get to knwo someone. If you can be a total gentleman even when competing that says a lot.

• My boyfriend took me bowling for the first date and I loved it. It can also ggive you something to talk about if you don't know each other well. You can always talk about the game their skills help them improve their bowling. It's also a lot of fun when you do know each other really well.

• I don't particularly like bowling but I'd go and if nothing else just have fun with the person that asked me out. The only way I would not enjoy it is if the guy took the game too seriously and picked bowling because it was something he wanted to do more so than get to know me.

• I love bowling... I think it is a safe (good) way to go if that's what you think she would like. I would be more comfortable if you took be bowling before you took me out to eat. I get to relax, talk and play. I think it would be a great date, and it's cheep. ;)

• I think it's a cute idea, but it could be awkward if you're both shy. If you guys are outgoing or something then it could work :)

have fun! :)

• Well I think bowling on a first date is a good idea, even though you might not know each other, I still think that it is a good idea because you can be yourself. :) plus she said yes to the date :)

• Definitely yay!

• I wouldn't want to go bowling on a first date. Personally, I find it to be boring.

• Yay. It's safe.

• lame.

• i think bowling is fine for a first date... :)

• I'd be okay with it, I love to bowl.

• I think bowling is a good first date and maybe dinner afterward or before

What Guys Said 6

• You don't have to be good at bowling, just have fun and be able to laugh at yourself.. don't sweat it you'll do fine, most alleys also have cheap drink specials so get a couple of those in and you both will be having a good time for sure! good luck my friend

• I wouldn't do it because I hate bowling... I guess my version of the bowling date would be the Billiards/Pool date.

• It's fun, fairly easy to talk while bowling, and ya. I wouldn't think it's so bad.

• Cheap & effective.

• seems like a fun thing to do

• Sounds good. Most people enjoy it, and it gives you an activity to do and to talk about in place of awkward silences that may come up on first dates.