One that doesn't require a reservation or anything, that is. How far in advance should you invite the other person? The morning of, the afternoon of, 24 hours before, 36 hours before, two days before, etc...
So, this is assuming it's not a date that needs to be organized in advance or anything, like a dinner reservation or something. Just, say, if you wanted to take someone bowling for example. It's also assuming the date is in the evening.
One possible thing could be to say, text them the day before to see if they're free the next day, and then call them the day of to clarify the details. Does something like that sound good?
- Ask them the night before and clarify the details the next dayVote A
- Ask them the night before and clarify the details at the same timeVote B
- Ask them earlier than the night beforeVote C
- Other / see answers because I'm too lame to answer :(Vote D
- Ask them the day ofVote E
Most Helpful Guy
For a casual date, 1-2 days. For a more formal date, 3-7 days. This assumes that it is early in the relationship.
There are a couple of reasons to give her this extra time:
1. Lots of girls enjoy the anticipation, and having something to look forward to can keep them happy all week long.
2. Girls often like to think about the date, and about you, and just ponder all of the possibilities, and so they need time to do that.
3. Girls definitely want to be able to tell their friends about the date, and about you, and talk about you with them. Just like guys enjoy having a pretty girl on their arm, girls enjoy "showing you off" by talking about you with their friends.
4. Many girls spend a lot of time and effort to look good for us guys, and that may mean going through her whole closet, trying on outfits. It may even mean going shopping just for the date, or going over to her friends' houses and trying on all of THEIR clothes too, before deciding on what to wear. Guys can usually get ready for a date in 30 minutes, but for girls it can be a multi-day process.
As you've been on a few dates and aren't SO concerned with impressing each other on the SURFACE, then people tend to get more comfortable and don't need quite so long to plan ahead, though given that people have busy schedules, it's still appreciated.16