He is showing less attention over text, does it mean he's less interested?

A guy I've known for a while text me and asked if I was still interested in him( he had a girlfriend before ) and I said I was, we started talking a lot, he would text me every day, every morning, flirt a lot, and 2 weeks later it seems to be much less. He still texts me nearly every day, and flirts a little, but what happened, why did he stop doing it so much. did it become too time consuming or did he not want to seem desperate? or is his interested fading? how do I tell if it is?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a bit older and when I was really in the dating game, we did not text we used a phone to talk. But even back than, talking to someone every day was not the same as seeing their face and talking to them and spending time together.

I am now back in the dating game after 12 years of marriage, I hated talking on the phone I like texting even less. It is impersonal, and after a few days it is a bother trying to establish a relationship if you don't spend real face time together. I can say from experience that, the longer I have to text someone with out seeing them and spending time with them. The shorter my serious interest lasts, I may text and flirt with them. But it stops being every day and a few times a day.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe it was becoming too much, too routine. Texting can get boring very quickly.

• Most likely it's these two things, or a combination of the two:

1. He doesn't want to seem desperate.

2. Texting is getting boring and he is realizing it's not easy to connect that way.

All your questions are exactly the reasons why texting should not be used to get to know someone you like. It is very hard to sense emotions or anything over text since you can't see the other person and you can't hear them. Texting is great for quick things, making sure plans are good, and other simple questions/chat. Everything else, is a lot better in person or over the phone.

• try actually speaking with one another...nothing restarts afire like hearing a sexy voice.

• Have you two done any activities together recently?

• yes but its not easy to see each other often because we work opposite shifts and he has been travenling for golf tournements lately. Its our only way of contact...for now anyway, until golf is over lol

• yea, its pretty even but if I don't text him he will text me.

• He is still very interested. Let him has his space when he needs it. It will make the time with you that much more enjoyable.

What Girls Said 1

• I think just like most girls, you are overanalyzing the hell out of this whole thing. I think the texting thing is already abused to death, and yes, its totally time consuming.

You can't know unless you ask him straight up, and most likely you won't. So I say, instead of worrying about the things you can't control, worry about the things you can. Make sure your texts are compelling and interesting enough to make him want to respond. Keep them to a minimum.

When he gives you something to worry about...then you worry. Until then, enjoy the process. This should be fun!

• lol thanks, I am over analyzing. We just don't see each very much. We work opposite shifts and he travels for golf tournements every week. We should start calling each other tho :)

• YES! Call! I say scale back the texting and spend a little bit more time talking. It's so hard to say what you really want to say and emoticons just don't cut it. The fact that you don't see each that often makes real conversations all the more important. Plus, You could get a much better read on how things are that way.

Happy Dating!