Would you actively date someone even if you know it will be hard to have a long term relationship?

Like for example, you know you won't have much time and you will have to split because one of you is moving or something in the near future. Would you date anyway and then split up, would you just avoid it all together, would you date and then try your best to make it work afterward.

I ask because I am sorta in this situation. I am on holidays in my mother's home country (which is not where I live during the year) and there is a woman I am into and I don't know if I should just go for it, or just keep it casual and enjoy my holidays...

Most Helpful Girl

• If the person and I really got along, I'd give it a shot. Circumstances change, and you never know what can happen in these situations after some time passes. If you really end up caring about each other and want to make it work out, you'd find a way.

What Girls Said 9

• At this point in my life, yeah, if I were interested in the person, I probably would give it a shot just for the experience.

• As I told my bestie the other day when she mentioned how the guy I'm going for probably wouldn't be someone good for the long term I replied with "relationships aren't about finding Mr. Right, now but finding Mr. Right Now and taking it day by day". Anyways things could end up working out as a long distance relationship or maybe the 2 of you decide it was fun while it lasted but isn't worth the effort to go the distance. Either way it's worth a shot if just for the experience.

• I'd do it, make some memories. I know what's going to happen so I'm not going to get overly attatched, I will miss 'em though. My crush is leaving for college in fall, but I still like him and hang out with 'em. :l

• No , I would avoid it at all costs. It doesn't do me any good to get attached to someone I know won't be there in the long run.

• Yeah

• Don't worry too much about the future. Life happens NOW! Enjoy your holidays and your summer romance. G luck ;)

• I would go for it. Why not? Life is short anyway. you should enjoy its every moment.

You never know where you'll be in a couple of months anyway. Perhaps you ftwo all in love with and start to plan your lives together? Or you both will remember it as an amazing hot summer fling. I'd definitely go for it.

• I would avoid it all together. I don't believe in dating someone I don't think would be a possible husband for me. If I'm dating someone, and I realize I'm not going to be able to handle for the rest of my life, it's over, and I'm on to the next. :P

• No, I'd avoid it. :(

What Guys Said 5

• I'm kind of in that situation too. I'm coming to the end of uni and in the last month Iv've grown really close to a girl from my course. We will both be leaving our uni town in a month to live a few hours apart, but I think I might as well just go for it and see what happens, so we've started dating. I don't know what will happen when we move apart, maybe we'll maintain a long distance relationship, maybe we'll look for jobs close to each other, maybe we'll just call it quits. So in a couple of months, there is the potential for upset and pain if things don't work but in the meantime, we'll have fun being together and if things go so well that it would be unimaginable to be apart, then we'll stay together.

So go for it. Being in a different country is different to my situation obviously, so it is more likely that the relationship won't work out in the long term, but I think you should go for it and enjoy what is there while you can.

• If you go on holiday, you wouldn't sit in your hotel room all week to avoid being sad when you have to leave - you get out there, enjoy being away, have fun and make the most of the opportunity. You wouldn't worry about falling in love with the place and hating your home, you'd see everything there and if you really liked it you'd go back again or even move there if you really really loved it.

So basically, go on and have fun dating her :)

• go for it man you may be surprised how long you may be together or how far it may go,i dated this girl who was doing her final yeah in college while staying with an aunt I was pretty sure she was leaving in 7months,she said so herself but guess what?we dated for a year and 5 months and we broke up while she was still in my town even now 4months after the breakup she is still around going to university in the next town and coming back on holidays.the point is sometimes things change for the better go for it man

• I'm going to uni in a couple of months, and I think I would date someone between now and then, given we could have fun together. It wouldn't be worth having a serious or celibate relationship though.

• yes might as well enjoy the moment

• No I need that physical touch and so does she