Did I help or hurt my chances?

Lately, I have noticed a change in the behavior of the guy I have been dating. He doesn't text, our ask me out as often. I hate the feeling of a guy thinking he has me in the palm of his hand, makes me feel like he takes advantage. So knowing he is the jealous type, I "accidentally" sent him a text that was meant for a male friend. It went kinda like this " OK ALLEN, I'll see you there" I sent him this when he didn't answer one of my texts. He texted back immediately asking who he was and what I was doing. Does this "make the guy jealous" work?...did I help or hurt my chances?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm mixed on this.

First off,

Did you talk to him about how you feel you're being treated?

If no, definitely uncalled for.

If yes, fair. But he doesn't sound very smart depending upon what phones you all have since sending a wrong text is a lot harder now. I would have called you're bluff.

Definitely hurts your chances in the long run if he ever finds out you played him (unless he doesn't care). If not, it will probably be something he keeps in the back of his mind if you too ever fight over something or have issues.

What Guys Said 2

• It's probably not the right thing to do. But think it is a affective method. Men get jealous easily and we are competitive so if he thinks there is another man he definitely will try harder if he likes you.

• well ull have to wait and see won't you . Every guy is diff

What Girls Said 2

• In my opinion, I think its bad to play games with a guy like that. He may be losing interest but trying to make him jealous isn't going to make him gain interest again, it'll just make him possessive. Talk to him about how you feel, might just be that he's busy.

• I would just talk to him & if he doesn't listen or try to understand he never will and is not the right guy for you.