Is it too early to settle down?

I am 17 years old and I am engaged and I have been for a year. I'm not getting cold feet, but I can't help by wonder if it is way too early to settle down. I mean I am scared that I won't be able to enjoy my life out clubbing and drinking and I am kinda paranoid that I am going to have to stay home and be a wife 24/7. Also I am worried that some day my fiance and I will just stop loving each other. I love him more than absolutely anything at all, and I never want to lose him what if I am not what he wants and I am not good enough for him?

I forgot to mention my fiance is 24.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes your far to young, because you will find a lot of things change in you and him once you get a little older, this is why it is important to live a little before you settle down, because you never really know what you want until you have lived beyond your 20's at least, so don't throw away the most important times of both your lives, and just put the engagement on hold for a few years, or you can putt good odds on this relationship not being your last,good luck and enjoy,x

What Guys Said 4

• That is a really young age to be engaged.

• I go clubbing and drinking with my engaged friends alot, fun doesn't mean hookin up with others, but if its an older guy that's been there already and is trying to settle you down then I don't know about that

• You don't have to follow that path. There is more into life than just clubbing and drinking.

My parents were married at the age of 12 (yah arranged marriage).

I am the youngest child, out of 7 kids. My parents are still happy and together, 38 years of marriage.

• That's really young. I'm not an expert. I'm just putting in my $0.02. If you're worried about getting married because you'll be missing out on clubbing and drinking, though, you're probably not ready for it. Why rush into it?

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, it is far too early. If you feel by being with him forever, you would be missing out on experiences then do not marry him. Get all of the fun, dating, the clubbing out of your system before you make a lifelong commitment has such.

If you continue on with your relationship it could be a recipe for diaster because you may feel the need to do those things while you are married.

That or you will not truly be happy.

Some young marriages last, but a very high percentage of them do not.

If you feel he is the one for you and you do not need to experience those things, then

marry him and see how it works out.

If you are having all of these doubts I really think you should stay engaged for a while, and do not rush into the marriage.

• Just because you're married doesn't mean you can't go out and have fun, unless your fiance is super controlling in which case I don't think you stay with someone like that. But with that being said I think you are a bit young to get married. Most people who get divorced got married young. You should wait at least a few more years and make sure it's what you want because this is something that affects the rest of your life. What's the rush anyway? If you two really are going to be together for the rest of your lives then waiting a couple more years to get married won't matter in the long run.

• I think that there's no reason why you guys can't be happy and in love but just be boyfriend/girlfriend . Whty are you rushing to get married. To me that's a red flag. You should wait till you're both at least 21. People change.. things change. If you're still just as in love in 3 years, THEN go for it.

• engaged or getting married doesn't have to be like what you thought it is...but for general yes its a bit young but who knows maybe you two will be happy all the way down together