Do you make assumptions in your relationship?

Do you make assumptions in your relationship? Do you assume your partner does something for a certain reason? Do you assume they will lie? If they lied in the past how do you not assume they will do it again?

Most Helpful Girl

• I try not to. You know what happens when you assume... You make an a$$ outta you & me.

• well at what point do you have to assume? what if your partner is going out with a "friend" of the opposite gender whom youve never met to get drinks?

• Well it's normal and understandable to assume that there's something fishy going on. However, it's never wise to act on an assumption as if it were fact until you can prove that it is a fact. I think your first step is talking to her about this meeting. Ask her if you can go with her or tell her that it makes you uncomfortable for her to get drinks with another guy (most guys would). If she acts like she's got something to hide then do some more digging. If not, I wouldn't worry too much.

• her relationship with this guy was definitely making me uncomfortable. I had spoke with her before about it and she brushed it off. The day this happened she asked me to leave work early so we could go out and celebrate (her new promotion) together.. so I left work early and when I called her she was still at the bar drinking, drunk and was completely obnoxious to me.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't care what anyone says, people make assumptions about everything in the world, especially the things that are most important to them. My boyfriend has lied to me about little things and big things before, and so I sometimes assume he's lying about little things, or sometimes the big ones that rack my brain and make me crazy!

• what are some big things he has lied about?

• I did! He told me he was coming in a month so I figured I'd sign and have the place all decorated and nice for him to come to and it was the most painstaking 6 months of my life. I assume he lies about a lot of things, but he has tried to prove to me in many ways that he won't do anything like that again, so I try to give him the benefit of the doubt because I see now he is trying hard, but it's hard not to assume he's lying after something like that, you know?

• yeah some people will just continue to lie and lie they don't understand how it affects others

• Do you make assumptions in your relationship? - Yeah, I try not too though. I can't help the thoughts that run through my mind.

Do you assume your partner does something for a certain reason? - Yeah, why else would he do it?

Do you assume they will lie? - I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't see a reason for him to lie..

If they lied in the past how do you not assume they will do it again? - If he lied to me in the past, I will assume he will lie to me again at some point.

• yeah the lying thing is a bitch.

• I tend to assume a lot...And it gets me no where. But when you've been lied to time and tim3again its really hard not to.

• yes sometimes. I don't trust so easily.

What Guys Said 0