Guys: if you say "i'll ttyl =)" do you really literally mean it or is it just a way of exiting the convo?

I was texting my guy friend last night...i'm sorta getting the feeling he might like me-i know he did for awhile but then in January he became convinced I liked someone else, so I am unsure of where he is since then...anyways, I said "well ok...i should go now I have to do dishes" and he said "ok I'll ttyl =)" did he mean it literally like he wanted to talk later? oh and I know I'm way over analyzing this haha

Most Helpful Girl

• i think its more of a polite conversation ender...this one guy friend of mine says "ttyl" whenever we chat on Facebook but he never does. not once has he initiated a conversation so I felt like I was bothering him...we went 5 months without talking and then we happened to go on a trip together (there was like a dozen of us friends) and he talked to me just like we were good friends again...i think he just wasn't much of a Facebook chatter haha. sorry for the unnecessary diversion haha. but yeah, I think he was just saying "until next time"

What Guys Said 2

• When I say that, I don't mean it literally. More of a 'until next time' kind of thing. This doesn't mean we can't actually talk later though obviously.

• I'd say it's just like saying bye, but I think he puts ttyl because he wants you to text him again sometime

What Girls Said 2

• it's a way of exiting the convo for me ,

• Girl you really need to chill! You are way over-analyzing this