When is this considered desperate?

I generally reply to texts immediately after I get them, because I don't want to waste my own time or the other person's time. My sister told me that you seem desperate if you reply immediately, and you should wait a min or two. I think in a real convo, people would be talking back and forth without much pause, so why should you bother waiting a min to text back? Girls, if I were texting you, would I seem desperate?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you wouldn't seem desperate.. that's stupid. BUUUUUT, I think it's desperate if a person does sends like 2 texts asking why the person hasn't replied yet.

i.e.

Person A "Hey"

Person B "Hey"

A "How was your day"

2hr pass

A "Are you busy?"

1hr passes

A "I think you are, I don't want to bother you"

20min pass

A " You don't have to reply if you don't want"

30 min pass

A "I understand if you're busy"

10min pass

A "I'll talk to you later"

5min pass

A "Sorry for bothering you"

• Haha that seems a bit creepy, you would have to be a weirdo to continually text for 4hr 5 min with no reply. Glad that I don't come across as desperate

What Girls Said 3

• no. but I guess it depends on what you are saying...if I really like the person I hate waiting for a reply because then I stop waiting and then they are like..uhhhh where did you go? ummm..not waiting around for you? haha.

• you would only be desperate if you kept texting after I did not reply for a long time after a back and forth conversation

• no. I get annoyed having to wait on an answer.

What Guys Said 1

• If people wanted a real conversation in real time, they'd use the phone as an actual phone.