What does it mean when a girl calls you 'cute'?

I'm curious, cause I've had many encounters where I've been called 'cute'. By some of my friends and by complete strangers, all girls.

What I wanna know is what exactly does it mean?

Like, is it 'cute' as in puppy dog cute, but I'd rather not date him?

Or 'cute' as in ' Oh, he's cute. I'd like to tap that.'

Or I don't know. Does it mean you're boyfriend material, or just that nice friend material?

I know answer varies depending on girl, but just a general look at it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I call a guy cute, I mean that he has a face or demeanor that seems very sweet or genuine, and he just looks like a nice guy at first glance, a guy who wouldn't really hurt anyone (ie, isn't a total a**hole). Some guys say it makes them feel emasculated, but I really do think it's a nice compliment. I would date a guy I called cute, and would also view him as boyfriend material.

What Girls Said 5

• it depends on if you guys are just really good friends, she could just say that as you are being funny.

but if she flirts then that means that she probably likes you.

• Well it depends, if she said it in a flirty way then she probably meant it, but if a stranger said it then you are 'cute' because they don't know you. And if you're friend said you were cute it depends on how close you are and how she acts around you.

• it means you are cute... duh! lol

and not the tap that thing. there are words like 'sexy' for that lool

• I say it a lot. Sometimes if a guy I'm not really into compliments me I'll just sat thank you you're sweet/cute" but more often it means he's a total sweetheart! It can sounds kinda condescending or demeaning to guys sometimes according to my boyfriend so I try to avoid it but it'll slip out every now and then.

• Oh and if the girls say something like "You're SO cute" it's a sure sign.

• For me cute means attractive in a sweet way. He looks genuinely nice and caring. I call my boyfriend cute all the time so cute can definitely equate to boyfriend material.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends on the context, if she's showing strong signals of attraction then it could mean she wants to bang you or at least go out with you.

But generally speaking, 'cute' is not what most guys like to hear, and 'Oh, he's cute. I'd like to tap that.' doesn't sound right to me XD

• i never understood the meaning myself so I asked a friend of mine (girl) and she said that usually when a girl calls a guy cute, it's pretty much the same thing as to when a guy calls a girl hot.