Who should pay for dinner on the first date?

in my experience this question had sparked many discussions and arguments. so what do you think? and why?

I personally wouldn't want the guy to think he has to pay but I'd insist that I can pay for my meal at least.

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh. There's no hard and fast rule. My take is that I usually offer to pay. I don't go on a date with a girl unless I'm comfortable paying. So it's not really an issue.

What Guys Said 3

• Whoever asked.

If you met on a dating site or something, and he asked, she should definitely offer to split, but not push it hard. If he declines, you can treat him to something later.

• If the guy offers to pay, the girl should at least "offer" to split it, but don't overdo it.

But regardless, you should always expect to split the bill, that way you don't run into awkward situations.

• always go dutch.I have had my time with gold-diggers

What Girls Said 2

• I always offer to pay half. Every guy I've ever been on a date with, even the ones who never talked to me again after that.. lol.. when I pull out my wallet to pay for half, they insist that they have it. I'll offer to pay, but I'm not going to argue with you over who is paying the bill. :P If you don't accept my offer, I'm not going to beg you to.

• He's courting you, yes? He should pay first.

Stop with this 'I want to pay for my own meal' and/or 'Lets split it'. 'I want to be independent..' *Face palm - Who doesn't?

He's the man, he pays. Sure, on the second or third date. You should offer to pay and/or split the bill.

Don't argue, let the guy pay. I don't know what kind of self entitlement women have these days by wanting to pay for their damn meal. Free food! How can you say no to that?

You're not going to come off as a gold digger to him. You're only out on the first f***ing date.

Enjoy your date, hopefully you're full.. Smile and say thank you. :)