Does it sound like he's just stringing me along or is there really potential here?

I've been seeing this guy for a little over a month. We've actually known each other for many years from school but we were never friends or anything. Long story short I ran into him at a bar one night and that's when we actually started to get to know each other and hang out. We were obviously both interested in each other at that point but he told me that he didn't wanna get into a relationship right now due to the sh*t that happened with his exes. But he said we could hang out and see what happens.

Anyway over the last month we've been getting pretty close. He invites me out with him and his friends every weekend and sometimes during the week too. It feels very much like things are heading toward a relationship but I'm worried that he still won't want a relationship. We've been very cuddly lately, we kiss, we hold hands, but nothing sexual. He's super nice to me, he spent my birthday with me, and I've never noticed him paying any attention to other girls or anything like that.

What do you guys think? Is there potential here or am I just kidding myself?

What Guys Said 1

• I'd say there's potential, but don't pester him too much. Not being in a relationship isn't anything to be ashamed or embarrassed about, if you like the guy just let it happen, you shouldn't feel like you're wasting your time with him.

You said "exes", which means at least two, so it could be that he blames himself and that he's scared of hurting anyone else. It could just be that he's unlucky, and he needs some time to let his heart get back into working order before he takes the plunge again.

To me it sounds like you're pretty much in a relationship, just without the official label and the sex. He still sounds pretty fragile, though, so don't take it personally if it feels like he's holding back or shutting everyone out.

What Girls Said 0