Why would he think he's being forward?

i messaged this guy on the dating website OkCupid. It was a silly email in reference to something on his profile.

We emailed back and forth for a few days and then he said this: "Also, not sure if this is too forward, but would you ever want to meet up for a drink or something? If not it's totally cool, I won't be offended."

I said I definitely wanted to meet up and gave him my phone number. Told him it wasn't too forward and if it had been, that be okay because I appreciate being being.

Why would he think that was too forward? Did he think I wasn't interested or is he insecure? I definitely think he's interested in getting to know me considering he message me back and then asked me out...just curious to why he'd think that's forward.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Some people aren't comfortable with just asking straight out to go on a date like that. I mean personally, it is hard for me to ask a guy like that. Plus since he doesn't know you he didn't want to scare you away. I mean yall were only taking for a few days so he didn't want to creep you out or seem sketchy.