With texting, do the actual texts show up on the bill, or just the numbers you text to? I'm new to cell phones

My dad just bought me a cell phone, and I'm not sure exactly how calls or texts show up on the bill. If I text or call someone, would my dad have access to the specific messages, or just see the number that I call/text? Would calls/texts from other numbers show up, or only the numbers I contact?

I'm sorry if these are silly questions. I've never had a cell phone and am not sure how everything works yet. Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• While the messages themselves don't show up on the bill, every text message is recorded by the carrier and kept forever, and those messages can be requested by the account holder and most carriers let you go online and read them if you choose. Lawyers and prosecutors have text message history subpoenaed all the time.

Just something to keep in mind.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• The text messages don't show up on the bill. Just the numbers.

• Including the numbers that send texts to me - or just ones I send out?

• ok. Thanks!

• just the number and the time received/sent

• Lol just the numbers:)