Coffee for First Date?

I have just asked a girl out for the first time to get coffee and is it alright to get coffee at Starbucks and sit inside? I'm not sure if people usually do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah, that's okay.

• Okay is there something better I could do? I would prefer to be outside but it's hotter then heck here.

What Girls Said 4

• I think that's a good idea as long as she knows it's a date. Coffee dates are good because they're inexpensive and you get to talk a lot

• haha wow that brought back a memory!

I did a first date on coffee and he was a computer programmer so bad idea because he has a pot of coffee or more everyday and gets little sleep (found this out during the date) so he was kinda...shaky? lol Never again!

• sounds fine as long as she knows its a date, which you said in the question, but some people who are "just friends" do this type of thing too

i go there with my guy friends often and I am not into them at all

• I think it's a good idea

What Guys Said 2

• Coffee is fine. Dates are just a way to facilitate interaction. I prefer grabbing something and then walking and eating/drinking, though. Later, if you've been walking long enough or see somewhere interesting to eat a meal you can sit down and chat. Chicks dig nature. Get her under the sunlight and watch her bloom. The beach is my favorite spot for dates.

• It's the classic first-date proposal: Even baristas are susceptible to it

Let's face it: Drinks? Dinner? Those are big-deal expenditures. But an hour or two at a coffee shop? Heck, you could probably drown yourself in the stuff and come out having blown $20 or less—even if you throw a brownie into the mix

its a brilliant first option go for it