We are exclusive, but he hesitates with the term "girlfriend"?

Its been 4 months, he told me he doesn't want anyone else, we've already established that we are exclusive...basically we are boyfriend/girlfriend in theory, but for some reason he doesn't want to call me his "girlfriend" I don't have that title. I don't even want to bring up the whole changing of status on Facebook, Because I sense he isn't ready for that. but why? it has taken a very long time to get to where we are, but he still seems to have hesitations. should I just hang in there and wait til he comes around? that's what I've been doing so far. do any of you know what he could be thinking?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• If he has had relationships of comparable length in the past has he called them his girlfriend? If so, why should you be any different? This is what I would ask him.

What Girls Said 2

• Are you sure you guys are boyfriend/girlfriend? Being exclusive doesn't necessarily mean he see it as official. Maybe you guys are dating exclusively without a title? My best friend dated a guy exclusively for 3 months. Sometime later he asked her to be his girlfriend. Before that she assumed that they were a couple lol. I would just ask him what the exact status is. you were right to hold off on the fb status.

• maybe he's uncomfortable with the idea or unsure.