We are exclusive, but he hesitates with the term "girlfriend"?

Its been 4 months, he told me he doesn't want anyone else, we've already established that we are exclusive...basically we are boyfriend/girlfriend in theory, but for some reason he doesn't want to call me his "girlfriend" I don't have that title. I don't even want to bring up the whole changing of status on Facebook, Because I sense he isn't ready for that. but why? it has taken a very long time to get to where we are, but he still seems to have hesitations. should I just hang in there and wait til he comes around? that's what I've been doing so far. do any of you know what he could be thinking?

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• If he has had relationships of comparable length in the past has he called them his girlfriend? If so, why should you be any different? This is what I would ask him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Are you sure you guys are boyfriend/girlfriend? Being exclusive doesn't necessarily mean he see it as official. Maybe you guys are dating exclusively without a title? My best friend dated a guy exclusively for 3 months. Sometime later he asked her to be his girlfriend. Before that she assumed that they were a couple lol. I would just ask him what the exact status is. you were right to hold off on the fb status.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe he's uncomfortable with the idea or unsure.

0|0
    0|0