Why is it that guys move on faster than girls?

If we're all human beings, why do guys move on faster?

Please share.

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't. People who aren't looking for a real commitment move on faster. Its just statistically... there are more guys who just want to have flings, than women. But a guy who is genuine will have a very difficult time just like any girl, in moving on.

On the flip side... if it were gender specific... women are more emotional, and tend to use emotions to drive them. Not saying there aren't emotional guys, but guys tend to think more with a "rational" outlook and be more frontal. If my girlfriend broke up with me, yes, I'd be sad, but I'd also rationalize to myself that if she didn't love me, then the relationship wouldn't work out anyway, so it would be better to end it now, than later. Just one way option of looking at it.

What Guys Said 3

• best way to get over a girl is to get on top of another one. when you are with another you forget all about her at least for the moment. yeah we get sad. guys are used to rejection. we get it from the first girl that turns us down. and the next and the next. so in the back of our minds. you are going to reject us also. we are ready. well many of us. and those of us that have had nasty girls are fully expecting it will end at any time. so sad. yeah. end of the world? f*** no. been here before.

• I think it's the person whoever dumps who moves on faster. My ex dropped me and I had her on my mind consistently for like 6-8 months?

• Not gender specific at all. Tons of heartless and cruel girls out there who toss guys aside. Really think that one is pretty equal

What Girls Said 3

• men are more physical, and they have a higher sex drive and are more motivated to seek out sex

• sometimes I think guys act like they've moved on so it seems like they've moved on before the girl...but in reality the girl actually moves on before the guy.

of course, this is just a generalized statement and isn't true for everyone

• Guys don't get attached as easily as girls. It takes them longer. So, odds are they're not as attached as you are at the time of the break up and have less to pick up. That and they're biologically programed to reproduce as much as possible.