GUYS: do you mind talking about your past relationships?

I have a boyfriend now and I am curious about his past relationships. I know some might be offended if we mention about the past, but how can I ask to make it sound less offensive? Do you mind talking about it to your current gf?

Most Helpful Guy

• I find the past to be very private...and I know how it feels to hear about past partners...it can be very painful of even offending. If my partner would truly want to know certain things, then I'd probably tell her...but I wouldn't want to know anything about her past love life. It's none of my business and would only get me kinda jealous.

• i know how it feels especially if the past was a very heartbroken one. but I can't help to feel a bit insecure because I know almost nothing about his past, we have no mutual friends and etc.

• thank you so much :-)

• you're very welcome :-)

What Guys Said 4

• I don't, because I believe they were learning experiences- but why does it matter. Those people are exes for a reason. We would much rather enjoy the present than reflect on those parts of our past. Best not to indulge your curiosity and let him bring it up on his own if he chooses to do so. If you truly do love him, you will respect his past and his wishes on whether or not to keep it buried. He may not exactly be proud of it. Respect is one of the most important parts of a relationship- forcing a partner to indulge in your curiosities in unethical and a danger to the relationship.

• I don't have past relationships but if I did, I can't imagine feeling like they're too private to talk about with my current girlfriend. She mentions hers sometimes and it's just not a big deal, they're just another experience she's had in her life.

• I very rarely talk about my past relationships. Girls like to probe and I found out it's much smarter to avoid talking about any of it. I can tell you who I am, what I like and what I don't like. You don't need to know details about my past relationships for that. Girls ask all that out of insecurity and answering them is feeding the monster and creating more problems than helping anything. I never ask about their exes either. I just don't care, I'm interested by who they are. If they can't tell me who they are by themselves then I know trouble is lurking.

• I don't mind talking about it. But it has bothered me before when my girlfriend blurs out about her past often or at of times. So if you ask me I will answer. But don't expect me to be as cheerful when you share yours unasked.

So, to make a guess on your boyfriend: he isn't sharing because he's unsure he wants to hear yours.

• Well, we just started and we haven't talk much besides about our hobbies, families and stuff.

What Girls Said 0