Would you date a tourist or an international student?

Would you date a tourist?

Lets say they are in the city for up to 4 months.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
Why Yes/ Why Not?/ Why maybe?
I am a tourist who just started seeing a girl who is an international student :P

Most Helpful Girl

• I had an exchange sister this past school year. She dated a guy at our school. And they were on and off more times than a light switch. They're still dating even though she's gone back to Germany, but he's seeing about six girls besides her. So I doubt I would.

What Girls Said 14

• Of course, if you've only just met the person, four months is an eternity, isn't it? You've no guarantee of a relationship lasting two months with someone who may be in the city for the next four years, and if they are someone you could conceivably see yourself with at the end of four months and longer, they're at least going to have been a great four months and something you shouldn't regret. Plus, if you two really feel it could have gone somewhere if only you had been in the same place together longer, then either you can make it work or you'll just leave it on a good note. You can send each other Christmas cards when you're friends years from now if that's the case. Romance and love isn't the only good outcome.

• yeah, but only if the relationship lasted longer than that.

I mean, wasting time with something that I know from the beginning it won't have any kind of future, is not really my type. If it turned out in some long distance relationship it would be fine for me.

• Sure, if I was interested on him

• Maybe it depends on if we would last.

• he would depart and go back home. At least that's what he said to you when you met

does it change a thing?

• I guess I should say I would because my boyfriend is leaving and I knew he was moving and because I liked him I decided to date him anyway.

• Nope, I can't let my heart in on something I know will eventually end. The whole distance thing isn't my thing either.

• Yup, I've done it before. I think it's fun, intriguing, and interesting to get to know someone who comes from another country

• i say maybe, it depends how serious you hope to get, and how wiling to stay in touch you are.

• of course. why not. it will be fun. a few months of relationship with an exotic stranger.:)

• Definitely, I just wouldn't allow myself to be infatuated. answer mine please?

• I would but at the same time I would keep in mind that he might leave soon.

• Yepp :)

• Love your optimism :)) you got 99 problems and this ain't one of them lol

• I would be open to it qlthought I probably doubt it would be long term unless one was willing to move.

• Maybe- Depends on the chance and possibility of our relationship continuing if we became super attached.

• Lets say a guy came to your country from Europe and is going to stay there till end of August

• Ah, that's an easy country to initiate foreign exchange with... I suppose if I knew we wanted to go for long term commitment, I'd do a semester or two of long-distance. If the flame wasn't dead after that, then do a year of foreign exchange. My answer may seem a bit strange to you, but I'm the kind of person looking to settle, not for a fling. That, and I love traveling ^_~

• *Continent. Goodness, sorry. Either way, most countries inside Europe have good exchange systems.

• Yes, I would.

• does it mean that you will ignore the part that he may leave you soon?

summer romance?

• Yes, I would consider it a casual thing.

What Guys Said 9

• Pft... HECK YEAH!

It's a win win. If you REALLY REALLY fall for her, one of you can has to work really hard and give up a lot so that you can be together (which makes the relationship more likely to last, by the way). If you end up not working out... YOU NEVER HAVE TO SEE HER AGAIN!

Seriously, win win situation.

• Nope...

• why not? lol

• why not just speed it up?

life is too short to wait

4 months is an eternity

• Like I said if she's easy then I don't need to date her to begin with I can just sleep with her... I thought I was pretty clear about that... =P

• I said maybe because it depends on how strong my connection is with the girl. It would be a case by case thing..

• Heeeell yeah!

• Why wouldn't I? If we get along great and such.

• I tried this summer, she rejected me though.

• as a short term thing, sure

no long distance for me though

• I wouldn't date a tourist or an international student if they are only going to be here for 4 months, but I definitely would have no problem hookin' up with them.

• sure if she was good looking but it likely isn't going anywhere longterm . we'd both have to realize that going in I think