Does anyone actually hang out with your neighbor?

Besides kids nowdays... do adult neighbors actually hang out? I mean, do stuff outside of the yard/house? or is this kinda taboo?

if so, what kind of things?

is it OK to ask a neighbor to go on a walk with you and your dog or is that too weird? I mean close neighbors too, like ones next door in your street or complex.

does anyone talk to their neighbors for long periods of time, other than a brief hello and update?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're lucky enough to have cool neighbors like me lol. I hang out with my neighbors all the time. Cook out, drink beer. Chat over the fence.

• I don't drink, no cook outs yet but we have had fence chats but also many chats in the front yard sitting in the grass, I am just wondering if its OK or not to ask if he would like to walk my dogs with me

• haha fence chats, I don't know why but I just thought of home improvement.

• yes and my friend nicknamed him wilson lol

What Guys Said 3

• Traditionally we've been isolated from our neighbors...but this isn't healthy and we should try to be closer..In other countries, everyone knows each other pretty well if you live nearby.

• I live in a cul de sac, so every1 kinda knows each other for years...its all pretty local so yes

• cool. its good to know, it happens sometimes. not just with kids

• On the left of my house there are two gay guys, (not homophobic just don't know what we would talk about, besides I think they swing.) On the right an abandoned house with drifters. In front across the street an old white couple with a man that gets pissed if anyone touches his award winning lawn and a few houses down a f***ing hot as chick who's dumb as a doorknob with a boyfriend the size of a house.

Not exactly the most social area. But yeah I wish we had a more close neighborhood.

What Girls Said 1

• Not really, but mostly because my neighborhood isn't all that social, or whatever. All the neighbors keep to themselves for the most part. Most of the people living around us are a bit older, as well. My family gets along really well with the old lady across the street from us, and we chat and pet-sit her dog every now and then, but that's about it.