How bad is this on a scale of 1-10?

In college, asking a girl to be your girlfriend after 2 weeks of talking with her. (1 being not at all & 10 being absolutely terrible)

Unfortunately for me, lesson painfully learned. Thanks for your answers everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• 6

Maybe a tad lower - only because it depends on how well you guys connect at the get go. Sometimes two people hit it off immediately because the chemistry is so toxic -

Sometimes you have to add a catalyst to get the reaction going - ( woo hoo, kept the chem metaphor going :P )

Catalyst in this case, could be simply asking to do more one on one stuff, or trying to find some time for you guys to know more and more about the other.

Tis the fun of dating.

There is no rush, and it would be better to understand a fair amount of her and her persona before you end up with some surprising aspect to herself that assist with the explosive break up later on.

Take your time, but don't take a Sunday stroll.

Don't just " know " her - understand her.

Don't push all the way - let her pull a bit as well.

Hope it all works out for ya :)

What Girls Said 8

• Haha maybe a 7. There's always the worry "omg you're going to scare her away," but I think what's more important is getting to know someone before you jump into a relationship with them. There's no rush.

• i think it would be fine. if you hangout with the same person everyday for 2 weeks how is that any different from hanging out with someone for 14 days randomly though out a month. time is relative and if you have feelings for her go for it!

• 7-8 it's a little too soon. Give it another couple weeks

• For me its a 10... f***ing horrible. After 2 months its fine..

• 8, you don't know her

• 8/10. too soon!

• 7 too soon and possibly desperation is involved. I would feel smothered

• 7, way too soon.

What Guys Said 4

• 7. Just because I think you should get to know her for a few more weeks before asking to be official.

• 7 dude, a little bit soon man, wait for about another month, when you've only known someone for 2 weeks then you really don't know the person that well, it's always a good idea to give it time, make sure of how you feel, and get to know who the person really is

• I would say at least an 8

That is just way too soon.

• 4