Pretty girls?

How do you feel about ugly girls?

Do you feel sorry for us? Do you want to give us makeovers? Or do you just not care about us? Are you fortunate that there are ugly girls around so that they make you seem even more beautiful? How would you feel if you were an ugly girl?

If I could walk in the shoes of a beautiful girl for just one day I would be a very happy person.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I totally understand what you're talking about .

In highschool, I was the ugly duckling. My dad left us, right, so my family weren't well off. I didn't have the right clothes or the look that most popular girls had. So I was not 'attractive'. It's a different story now.

But yeah, I hate how some 'pretty' girls wanted to give me a make over. I wanted to take their little bottle of foundation and stick it down their throat lol jk. I was already insulted.

Guys didn't go out with me. I was sad already. All of this is just because I wasn't pretty. I was mature, but I wasn't like most attractive, neither was I most ugly.

I just feel like right now, being an attractive girl, I don't have that sort of condescending view of those who aren't lucky enough to change or whatever. Because I've had other girls in highschool look down on me, I just turned that negative into a positive. I just ignored them and now I don't have to see them; But I know what you mean, I feel suicidal after reading a magazine of Vogue, wishing I could be just as perfect, but whatever. Just have to be comfortable with who you are first and then work out the outside. It's not a big deal. Some people are beautiful with 100% bitchiness in themselves and others are at least decent. Good question ^_^

What Guys Said 1

• I feel sorry for you, because it seems like the point of a woman's life is to get true love with a man, and that's a lot harder when you're not pretty. Also, guys just throw money at pretty women.

However, nothing is stopping you from finding your own personal reason to exist in life, and accomplishing things yourself is a lot easier just by being lucky enough to be born at this time in this place in history.

So, I think it's sad we all can't be the favored ones, and I don't like how society treats things, but in the end we're both a lot luckier than most of the people that have lived.

• I'm not just talking about love. I'm talking about everything in general. Beautiful people generally live happier lives. Yeah, you're right. We are a lot luckier than most of the people that have lived. I wish society didn't place so much importance on looks. I can't help that it effects me, and I can't help that I've been brainwashed.

• Well I know that eventually I will forget the mean things that people have said about me, but I just don't like the way I look. Looking in the mirror is difficult for me because in my mind I imagine that I am prettier than I really am but when I look in the mirror I don't like what I see at all. I also don't like being treated differently and unfairly than a pretty girl. Self esteem won't help if you're being treated like crap while pretty girls are being treated like gold.

• Oh please. There are bigger things to worry about than what people say. You don't live in a warzone, you don't have to wear a Burqa, you have your health, you have your family. The self esteem you gain will help you to realize the importance of people who disrespect you (which is nothing). Self esteem is the key to stability in many areas.

What Girls Said 12

• Do beautiful people live happier lives or do people living happier lives feel beautiful?

I know exactly what you're talking about though, but I think it's more that beautiful people get treated better than average. Us normal folks get treated normal and beautiful people get 5-star accommodations.

I've gone out with my gorgeous friends - they get free food, free drinks, free entrances, invited to parties I wouldn't even get to stand on the lawn at. Yeah, they live sparkly lives that seem to overlook the more average people. All because they won some genetic lottery. So compared to that, the way people behave towards me doesn't seem very nice - but that's only because I can see the differences in the behavior towards me and my beautiful companions.

But it isn't a reflection of who I am, and I try really hard not to let it affect me too much. I am who I am - if I continue to compare myself and my life to others, I will always come up wanting. No matter what, you have to live in the skin you're born with, so you might as well come to terms with it.

For a long time, I thought all my problems would be solved if I could just be physically appealing. Then I took a real good look at my gorgeous friends - they were so tied up with their looks, it's almost a prison for them. I'm free to walk outside without make up, eat a cheeseburger, and not spend a fortune trying to be younger than I am. I have great kids, a wonderful husband - and though I know that a red carpet will never be unrolled before me - I am content and happy with who I am. Most of the time, lol.

So it's a trade off, you can be treated by royalty for looking good, or treat yourself like royalty by feeling good. I guarantee you, if you treat yourself well, you will never be let down again. Sometimes beauty comes with a price - for me it's not worth it.

I'm not physically beautiful by any means, but I am appealing because I choose to be. And I feel sorry for anyone who feels ugly, because they shouldn't.

This country places too much emphasis on looks.

• What a question. First off I consider myself beautiful. Now, what is beautiful to one person is not to another. Generally speaking I am a beautiful girl. Do I look down on so-called ugly people? No not at all. Do I feel sorry for them? Nope. The way I look at it is that there is someone out there for everyone. It's not up to me to judge who is good looking and who isn't and base their worth on that. I would never do that. Most of the beautiful women you know have their own problems and one day you will understand just how little being absolutely gorgeous really means because beauty fades.

• Yes, beauty does fade, but at least some people get to experience what it feels like to be beautiful at some point in their life. I won't ever get the chance to.

In reality looks do matter, and good looking people are constantly rewarded for having a good genetic make up. You're one of the beautiful and usually beautiful people that are nice say that. The most wonderful thing about beautiful people is that they generally live happier lives than us ugly people.

• Shlei3 and Bubbles, it's a fact that beautiful people *generally* live happier lives. It's not just something I've made up. Sure I'm comparing myself now, but the origin of this little crisis is from being compared by others (not that I'm putting all the blame on them). If I wasn't treated differently then I wouldn't feel different. If people didn't say I was ugly then I'd feel less ugly.

• Wow. So if people tell you you are stupid would you believe them? Where did you get this so-called "fact"? I'll tell you right now everyone has issues. EVERYONE and we all need to learn to get over them. Be thankful you have a family and you live in a country that has more freedom than most. Be thankful you aren't dodging bullets (literally) every day. Stop listening to what everyone says and live life for you. This pity party will be your demise if you don't stop it.

• I don't think of myself as one of the pretty girls or one of the ugly girls. It' not like there's a fine line between the two, it's a matter of opinion--some people may look at me and think I'm pretty, some may not. If you go on thinking negatively about yourself, you're not going to be a very happy person. People pick up on that. Your attitude has as much to do with your level of attractiveness as your looks do. If you give off vibes that you're not happy with yourself, you're going to seem less attractive than someone who is comfortable with themselves.

• Everyone starts off with the same level of self esteem. It's our environment that changes that. I haven't always had low self esteem or even cared about looks, but by being disregarded and treated unfairly throughout my life specifically just for not being as physically attractive as most girls is the reason why this low self esteem came to be. I don't know if you understand what I'm saying, but it's hard to understand if you haven't been a victim of such.

• I understand what you're saying, I used to be really insecure too. But at some point, I just stopped caring what everyone else thought. I can't change who I am, and I can't please everyone, so I don't try to anymore. I just want to be happy--I can't do that if I'm worried about what other people think.

• Beautiful, is a vague word. It doesn't just apply to a certain group of girls. It applies to everyone. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't feel sorry for ugly girls, or not care about them. I'm actually jealous of them. If a guy every started liking you, you know it''s because of your personality. It's all you. As apposed to when guys hit on me, they're just physically attracted o me and don't listen to one word I say, which is one of the most annoying things.

Also, you are probably not ugly! Cheer up, you're just having an off day. Everybody is beautiful.

• I guess you're right about the if a guy started liking me it's because of my personality part. I am ugly unfortunately. Everyone thinks so. Just yesterday I even had a relative tell me that I was ugly (indirectly of course). Yes, I am having an off day. Usually I'm not this upset about being ugly.

• I'm not beating myself up, I'm just finally realizing the reality of it all. Life is not always fair and I guess that's what I have to get over. Yes you're right Shlei3, I have to love myself despite my ugliness. It's not easy, when you have people disregarding you or even disliking you just because you're not pretty it makes it very difficult to do so.

• It is easy when you stop listening to everyone's opinions and gain the independance and inner strength. Opinions are always there. There are a lot of things to love. Family, friends, life...life is too short to worry about such a little thing as "beauty". To me true beauty comes from within.

• Well you are sounding like you are in despair, but I think I know what you are saying. But look, I used to be one of the manish-looking and I guess just ugly girls at my school back in middle school. As soon as freshman year strted for me a few years back, I changed things. I became one of the pretty girls ;-p I experienced and am still experiencing the wonders of a little make-up and reassurance tha tI am a beautiful girl no matter it's make-up or just rolling out of bed. I've been on both sides of the tracks.

• Honestly I feel like we all have our flaws and insecurities however, we also have our own specific characteristics that make us beautiful. True beauty is when a young woman is able to look at herself in the mirror and love who she is no matter what she looks like. And believe it or not, it definitely will show. The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is her confidence. I feel sorry that some girls don't feel confident in themselves and I would most likely just try to change their perspective about themselves. I always get told "Oh my gosh, you're so pretty. You're so lucky. I wish I could look like you." And if anything I feel embarrassed or even ashamed. I never liked all of the attention at first but then I realized maybe I can help girls realize that nobody is perfect, we all have our flaws, even me. When I was in middle school, I was chunky and had braces and acne and I dressed like freakin Punky Brewster XD But everyone always loved me because I didn't care about what anyone had to say, believe it or not, I loved my look and I kept my head high and walked with confidence. When I got into high school, I took up track and cross country and weight lifting. I lost weight, got rid of the acne, grew out of my odd style lol. No one even recognized me my sophomore year. Girls shouldn't be so hard on themselves. Every young woman has the power and capability to be the most beautiful woman in the world, you just have to believe in yourself.

• I think, really, that there are no ugly girls! I am 50 now and was really pretty and now look good...for 50, but it isn't the same. When I was young, there was a certain standard of beauty - blonde hair/blue eyes, regular features were about it but now, WOW, there are all kinds of beauty...you can have a big nose or wide forehead or whatever and now exotic is beautiful. Play up what you have got to the max, groom yourself carefully and you may be surprised to find that YOU are beautiful after all. And this is trite to some people, but be sure to develop your inner beauty and be truly loving...because the inside will start to mess up even the prettiet outside if you aren't careful! Some of the most attractive people at 20 are pretty scary at 50 and vice versa!

• It's not easy.Even pretty girls are insecure.I think look is important,very important,but it's not everything.There are other things wich matter-personality the most.

I don't think there are ugly girls at all.Every girl has something beautiful about her.There is SOMETHING,there must be!

• I totally agree on what you just said

• I know that everyone has insecurities, but people that are physically ugly by societies standards generally live harder and less happy lives than their counterparts. I've read some studies on it and also heard about it on tv (no, I don't watch a lot of tv). I'm not trying to be another statistic but the possibility that I will is highly probable. It's hard to explain it to people that are pretty, but people that are ugly know exactly what I'm talking about even though they may not fully agree.

• I feel often I'm not pretty,i feel I'm ugly sometimes.But it's ok,cos we are all humans.And.. about people that are physically ugly by societies standards generally live harder and less happy lives than their counterparts-TRUE,but so do poor people,so do people who suffer from things too..And I really think-there are beautiful girls who can't find real love for exemple,and have an empty life,and there are ok looking girls("ugly"),who live happily in love .

• i dnt think there are no ugly females and the world...every person has their own beauty inside and out...all pretty gurls are not accepted all the times...

• True, but they're accepted more than ugly girls.

• I don't see myself as pretty or ugly. Its all on how you carry yourself.

• I'm considered a pretty girl but I don't think of myself that way. I think I'm body dysmorphic because I am self conscious about my looks and think I'm ugly. So on the outside I'm "beautiful" but I don't feel that way. It comes from being an ugly duckling when I was younger. I've been tormented because of my looks, made fun of for being fat or I didn't have the right clothes so now I just don't see it.

But to answer your question beauty does have some advantages but they are not things that matter. Sure I don't have to pay for things, people will buy me something if I ask (not that I do but it's been thrown out there) and I get breaks that I don't deserve a lot but I would rather have high self esteem and feel good about myself. I think the best thing is if you love you, f*** what other people think

• I am not saying I am gorgeous, but I'm not ugly. The people you would consider "ugly" at my school are the ones who are the happiest in relationships with guys who think they are so beautiful. No I don't feel sorry for ugly girls becuase if they think theya re ugly then they are only doing that to themself. Anyone can think they are beautiful, and if you walk around moping about how hideous you are then I don't feel sorry for you at all. But you can always just work with what you have. Get a new haircut or something. If you don't like how you look don't sit there and cry, go do something about it.

• A haircut can't cure ugly. I wish it were that easy.

• You can't "cure" ugly but you can make what you have better. a haircut that suits your face can make all the difference.