Do you consider being asked to "hanging out" the same as a date?

So if a guy, your not close with, asked you to hangout/chill sometime would you consider it a date or just a friendly meet.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would consider it's just hanging out...making new platonic friends. If it is a date, the guys are usually very obvious in showing interest and would typically ask "would you like to have dinner sometime", or find activities for you two together. Pretty obvious difference. If he's asking to "chill"/"hang out", I would think he's not interested..or not interested enough.

What Girls Said 7

• I personally would say no...I know a lot of guys feel it's the same thing but most of the time, girls want to hear the word date somewhere in the conversation (maybe even 2 or 3 times for confirmation) to consider it a date. Otherwise, she will just think you wanna be friends.

• Not unless he stated it was a date...or if it was dinner and a movie (that's a classic date so I would assume date there)

But I would consider it a very good sign!

• I hate hanging out! I like REAL DATES, REAL MEN take you out and feel proud of other people seeing you with him in public.

• Men 'date', boys 'hang out/chill'.. just keep that in mind =P

• Nope, he has to put in more effort than that.

• it depends on our relationship. I would think for some guys he is trying to maybe hook up

• To me its not a date. When a guy asks me to hang out 90% of the time they are just trying to smash without the actual effort of taking you out anywhere or putting any effort into the date. it's just like a will you come over and let me hit it type of thing? And then the other kind of "hang out" is just chilling with him like I'm one of his guy friends. So if a guy was to ask me out, depending on the guy and how he asked me I'd either think he just wanted NSA sex or I was in the friend zone.

• That's true! and I hate that! why some guys asume we only want sex? I like to date and know the guy first...

What Guys Said 1

• I hope not. If it is, it probably means I'm gay.