This is a dead give away of non-interest right?

if a girl never texts you first, and ignores your call, that's a pretty dead give away that she's not interested right? at this point a guy would be setting himself up for failure?

I have to specify it was one call, I called her once only
I called her once more today, it went straight to message without ringing (like her phone was turned off?) so I left a text message asking if she's getting my calls at all, if she doesn't reply to that text then I'm done
so she texted back and said she was at work... I told her I was just calling to see if she had plans for the night and wanted to go out for coffee

Most Helpful Girl

• Right, I at least text first SOME of the time when I am interested in a guy. Sometimes I back off to see if he will text me first, but other than that, make it fairly obvious.

In your situation, I would say she isn't interested. Some girls play hard to get, but if she is TOO hard to get, then she isn't interested.

• So what's it mean when you meat a girl, she seems very responsive, spend all day together, gives you her number, but when you call, she never answers? Or respond to a text? happened to me, huge let down cause she was really awesome :(

• so just don't lead them on then

• I don't, I don't keep in contact with someone and act interested if I am not.

What Girls Said 17

• Never initiates contact or answers your calls...?

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good

• not necessarily. But if she habitually and regularly ignores your calls then yes. Not initiating texts or calls is way different than ignoring them.

• 99.9% of the time, yes she's probably not interested.

• Just continue if she responds, but if you find that you're unable to deal with her being a little flaky (assuming she's interested) then I would take the opportunity to leave before you become too emotionally invested.

• No! It's not! I never texted my boyfriend when we first met first. I knew he was busy a lot and I didn't want to bother him. And if he wanted to talk he'd text me. That's just how it was. I was a bit shy too! So that might be a factor! Just ask her. He asked me and he told me it was alright and I wouldn't bother him. It might be something as simple as that.

• unless she dosnt have calling on her cell... and she's really flirty in person.

she would just be trying not to look eager then,

but yes id say mostly likely a waste of time.

• No she could have had it on silent

• well, why would she text you first then ..

• what? she didnt..

• sorry read that wrong haha. anyways: if she ignores your call and never calls you back , then yeah she's not interested.

• Not neccesarely I mean she may be playing hard to forget. My boyfriend of 5 years though the same thing but I was just really busy and had litterely no time to talk

• well if she texted you first then no she probably is interested. Some people just don't like to talk on the phone or maybe she was nervous to talk to you over the phone

• she didn't text me first, I've always initiated

• oh well then if you wait a few days and she still won't text first, then yeah, probably not intersted

• /sigh, man this sh*t is never gonna happen... I really tried this time too

• Yes.

• have you told her that you like her yet?

• well if the girl doesn't like you move on to the next pretty girl :)

• No you need to just ask her out in person she is most likely to say yes

• No its not but have fun good luck on your date

• No it was the right number so there was some interest

• definetly...

• Not always, but if she routinely does and she doesn't talk to you over than that then she may not be interested. Or she may not be sure about her feelings about you, if a girl really liked you she would respond back most of the time.

What Guys Said 11

• Most likely but not 100% of the time. Either way, its sounds like you've done your job. No point in putting anymore work in. She needs to meet you half way now.

• Well some girls don't text first, but ignoring calls? That's not a good sign. I wouldn't give up just yet but if this goes on for a few more days it's probably not looking good.

• No, it isn't a dead give away.

Girls are funny about the whole initiating contact thing.

• Not texting first means nothing but always ignoring calls and not telling anything about it - like not saying she'll be busy before/apologizing or calling you after then it means that, yes, then she's not interested... or playing hard to get.

I see well through people, even women can you imagine? But I can't tell the difference between not interested or playing hard to get.

• very likely she is not interested

• She's not interested. Cut your losses and find another one.

• And did she reply back? I don't think she is that interested, you can do better. Plenty more fish on in the sea.

• man, I met this girl out playing guitar on the street the other day. She comes up and asks if I know any "incubus" which apparently was her favorite band of all time, and also happened to be my favorite band ever, and of course I knew many, and played a song and sang for her (it really was great, I was quite surprised and impressed with myself, ha!). She left, said she would come back, then actually came back an hour or so later, gave me her phone number suggesting we hang out. I called her 3 or 4 days later, and she didn't answer. I texted her and she said she was out of town and we would get together when she got back. No call, no text. a week and a half later I call, no answer, left a voice mail. Sent a text 3 days later playing the real card, I can't get over how we met let's seriously hang out (which was true). Immediate response, "sorry I'm so busy, we really will get together soon" and a week later, today. no call, no text nothing. And not to mention she was at least a 9/10 in my personal opinion. And my point being; sometimes you can just do everything in the world and it's just not going to happen (I mean really is there a better way to impress a girl?!) I FEEL YOU BRO, SHIT! :(

• Been there done that. We live in an age where all a person has to do is pick up a small device in their hand, spend one minute tapping a few letters onto the screen and click send. Or if you call, pick up the device and press answer, spend a few min chatting and that's it. If a person is incapable of doing such a lazy and simple task, they are not worth it. Shows how much they care about their fellow person, especially one who likes them. Personally I would 100% say she is playing games. Don't listen to politically correct reasons of "oh she may be busy" or "oh her phone may be on charge". Read back on my first few lines. It's a case of picking up a tiny device in your hand that's all. People who take the piss like this are pathetic. Move on pal. I'm going the same now with this arrogant girl who spends most of her time on WhatsApp but couldn't even bother to make a one min effort to text me first. Girls like this are arrogant and selfish.

• word, f*** girls that say they are "busy", what a bunch of bullsh*t

• FYI, guys are just as guilty of these bullsh*t actions. Arrogance & selfishness are not gender biased.

• LJHam, if you read my comments you can see that I said person in a general context, meaning male or female. But I mentioned girls for this particular scenario. Of course guys can be like this but we're talking about a girl giving this poor guy bullsh*t. Trust me pal, in the long term this girl will just mess you about. Find a better girl who will stop these stupid games.

• In general, yes. If she is ignoring your texts and calls you are wasting your time. Your update indicates only one call was made by you... She could have been busy when called. If you left a message and she doesn't get back to you then that's the same as ignoring you.

• she replies to all my texts, just that one call she didnt

• Might as well call it done now... If you are leaving messages asking if she is getting your messages then she's probably going to be like "this guy is clingy". Sorry man, the outlook does not look good.

• OK so she was busy. Just play it cool and don't be on edge so much over all this phone stuff in the future. Call once, if she doesn't answer leave a message about what you wanted to say and let her get back to you when she has time. If you text her same deal. Don't be overbearing and keep calling or texting if you don't get a response instantly.

• By ignore, do you mean she didn't answer, or that she made it go straight to voice mail after one ring?