Is he ashamed to be with me?

I've had this thing for a guy for a couple of months, and we both have opened up about liking the other. When we're alone, we kiss, hold hands etc... But recently his friend (who is my close friend aswell - he wouldn't lie) told me that he's scared of showing himself with me at school, and afraid of what others would think of us. Especially because this guy once told him not to go out with me.

Is he worth my time? It's only at school that he is like this. When we're out with friends and things like that, he's really sweet to me. And he could kiss me in front of them. Just not at school.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless he can get over his rather perplexing embarrassment about being seen with a pretty girl and being the envy of his male classmates, I don't think it's wise to pursue a relationship with him. He seems very susceptible to peer pressure and not able to think for himself.

What Guys Said 1

• This sounds so typical to kids, but wait...

If you're OK with it, then it's fine... it's not like he's sniffing glue or cheating.. he just lacks backbone, it's not an end of the world.. (actually it will be for him when he will grow up) but he's certainly not the kind of a guy who could protect or stand for you, so maybe you should consider finding someone who will be proud being with you instead of being awkward about it.

• ...damn - by the way, why do you have "the man" in your nickname?

• Hahaha, just because I hang out with guys only. And thank you for your answer!:-)

• Sure, no problem.. but that thing freaked me out a bit you know

What Girls Said 3

• He obviously cares for you.

But you need to tell him how much this hurts your feelings. He needs to live life for himself and not care what others say.

• He isn't worth your time. No guy who really did truly like you, would ever be ashamed of showing you two together in public. Personally, I would be offended. I think that is pathetic no matter how sweet he might seem.

• This wouldn't fly with me. I wouldn't ever be with anyone who was ashamed of me, horrible.