Liking your best guy friend

ok so I have had a best guy friend for 2 years now. I have never really liked him that way. never have. I just saw him as a friend and still do. however ever since I started college he became weird. more over protective. if I hang out with a guy he knows he'll nag me until he knows who it is or would want to know which dude I'm hanging with. he doesn't like it if I have a guy prob and keeps asking if the guy I liked tried to kiss me and he gets scared almost thinking ill say yes. I Haven't yet ad my first kiss yet lol .thats y. its weird. lately tho I found a foto of him kissing a girl on fb..he has been hanging a lot with her at his college. it shudnt have bothered me cos we only best friends.. we share everything.but I was so disturbed...oK SOOOOO...firstly is he just being a frend looking out for me or is it more and 2) is it good to ignore him for a while after that foto incident ! Please help :)

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all I can tell the both of you are relatively young, and as a result he is pretty dating inept. An experienced guy would have moved on already because you clearly have shown him many signs of not being interested.

This behavior displayed by him is pretty text book for a guy who likes a girl. He's basically jealous. Stuff like wanting to know where you are at and who you are with. Also guys tend to be overprotective of girls they like, again, exactly what you said he is doing. So to answer the first part of your question. I definitely think this guy likes you. At the very least it seems pretty likely. The whole brother/sister relationship type thing doesn't really exist for guys. If a guy is treating you like a sister or a best friend, 9/10 its because he likes you.

As far as kissing the other girl, he may have done it for two reasons. First, he may have been trying to make you jealous (which rarely works btw). Or second, he basically has finally realized he has no chance with you and is moving on to greener pastures.

I think it is funny that you were bothered by it but at the same time I'm not surprised. Again, text book female behavior. Whether you knew it or not, you liked his attention and now you fear you won't get it anymore. Also women want guy that seem socially preselected, aka alpha males, aka guy who are getting attention from other girls. You don't know why but all of a sudden something in the back of your head has kicked in that's telling you this guy is attractive. It's instinctive.

To answer the second part of your question, I think you should confront him about this. Not in a negative way, but simply let him know that you think he likes you and that you don't feel the same way. You might say something like "Hey ___, You know, I get the feeling you like me, which is fine, but I just wanted to let you know that I don't feel the same way so that I don't lead you on". It's not exactly what he wants to hear of course, but he greatly appreciate the honesty and it will diffuse any confusion that is going on between the two of you.

The only other thing I would add is that, I would encourage you to think things over and possibly give dating him a chance. Obviously I suggest you do this if you don't find him at least slightly attractive. But generally relationships that start as best friends first tend to be very successful. It may seem weird at first, but if you give it a shot and take the time and energy to make an effort into things work, you might be surprised and end up having a really happy relationship. Just food for thought.

• THANKS SO much :) ! been a gr8 help :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• dont ignore him.. but maybe confront him about his fb photo. real sure about! & as for him likeing you I'm !