Will a guy ever hide the fact that he is in love with you?

So, there is this guy that KNOWS that I really really like him. I've told him. He refuses to tell me if he likes me. In fact, he refuses to answer any question that has to do with me. So, he will talk about how much he likes a girl on his status and when I ask him who he was talking about, he will say some random name. It is something that I know is not a real person's name. And, he will never go anywhere I ask him to go, but he ALWAYS invites me to places around his friends and family. I'm 19, and he's 17. I I don't care about our age difference. He'll be 18 soon. When he invites me places, and I'm sitting near his friends, he will talk to everyone in the group without looking at me, and he will single me out later. He just acts totally aloof, and mysterious. If he doesn't like me then why won't he just say so? Or is he pretending?

Most Helpful Girl

• he sounds private...not necessarily shy. just private and reserved. he may like you, he may not. I'm not so sure if this is the way you want to be treated regardless of his feelings for you. perhaps he is just immature? you want a guy who acknowledges you and has the maturity to communicate with you regardless of how he feels. Still, the answer to your question is YES. Guys do often hide their feelings about a girl, especially when they feel really deeply. it is a scarey place for some men to be. men do not like to admit it, but they do develop feelings just like us girls (even with friends with benefits and random girls who happen to touch their heart). They just hide their feelings better because that is the way they are raised.

good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• He likes you for sure, he's just keeping clear of you because he probably doesn't know quite how to handle a relationship with you for what ever reason. It's the type of evasion you do to try and not draw attention to the fact that you like a person but at the same time he probbly already knows that you know but won't say it until he thinks the time is right.

At least that's my take on it.

• He is in love with you. When I used to like a girl, I would never look at her. He is unsure. If you really want to know the answer, go up to him, grab him, and ask him directly.

What Girls Said 1

• ditto to what Orion said but he could also be intimidated since you are older than him.