What is the biggest mistake that people make on a first date?

MY personal experience was with this girl about six month ago on our first date. During a movie at the movie theater she took off here shoes and sock and put her feet on my lap and tries to put here feet in my face like it was funny childish and here feet were hella NASTY...NASTY LOL

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha that's funny. I think for me the biggest mistake is moving too fast. I like working at a slow pace. It's awful if the guy already tries to get touchy on the first date. It makes me assume he's only after one thing .

What Girls Said 24

• I had just broken up with my ex about two weeks before and this guy asked me out. I told him the truth, that I wasn't ready. Somehow, and this is my fault, he convinced me to do it anyway. So we go on this date I don't even want.. and he's awful. Loud, brutish, rude, ignorant. The worst part is that he's loud - so everyone KNOWS how ignorant and ill-mannered he is. And he flaunts his money at every turn. It's so utterly trashy.

So his mistakes were acting brutishly, with an emphasis on how loud he was. That was so embarrassing.

• She must have felt VERY comfortable with you!LOL I think that would be a horrible first date, honestly. But just being all touchy, and not understanding about things, and talking back about things you disagree with.

• guys always try to kiss me on the first date and i HATE IT.. i always move my head and they think i don't like them///no i just don't want to kiss someone i don't even know... i hate it...

• wow that girl was nasty lucky for me I have not yet had a bad date but I would say other than someone not turning up or being really late other than that them talking about an Ex

• Moving to quickly. Asking for sex. Being super rude. Always being on their phone. Becoming too comfortable.

• That's awful. How in the world did you agree to go on a date with such a person?

• KISSING ON THE FIRST DATE

• a huge mistake people do on a first date is talking about their ex. or being on their phone the entire time texting other people,seeming uninterested in the date.

• Being overly sexual on a first date is definitely a turn off for me so I'd say that is a big no no. Making a sexual joke is fine but nonstop talking about sex is inappropriate and can leave the girl feeling like she's being used.

• First off, ew. Second over complementing is horrible, and if they seem to still be hung up on an ex, it's hard to have fun with them

• Not being themselves

• I guess talking too much, chatting alot of rubbish is a big no no.

• Telling me way too much about their personal life and or past relationships and being OVERLY comfortable.

• For me it's going on a MOVIE date. First dates are about getting to know each other. :X

• I think moving too fast. Not always as in sex and physically, but nobody wants to meet your whole family on the first date or know who you lost your virginity to, either. There's some things that should just wait until further on in the relationship. You don't wanna tell everything at once and then have nothing to tell later! It will become a very boring relationship and you would probably make your partner overwhelmed.

• I don't date so I wouldn't know lol but I think it would be getting physical too soon

• Not being your self.they should like you for you!

• Tries to kiss or have sex
    First dates should b romantic and sweet

• I hate when guys bring up the future.. Like.. Just no.. Emotional guys freak me out. The guy I am with now is kinda a closed off person & I find it sexy that I have to put in some effort for emotion .. Just me.. I dunno.

• Too much awkward silence. That can kill a date

• The guy double takes and stares after what is obviously an underaged girl. And continues to repeat the behavior the rest of the evening. (Age bracket 25-29.)

• when guys try to get intimate... the first date is too soon... first date should be for getting to know each other not making out

• At the end of last year me and this guy were really into each other but he hadn't asked me out yet because I just broke up with my boyfriend the week before. Anyway we were hugging and my ex was sitting on the ground a few steps behind me, he asked me to be his girlfriend and as soon as I said yes he hugged me tighter and I felt his erection against me. From then we hung out a few times and every time he hugged me I could feel it. I wouldn't really call the erection part a mistake but asking a girl out in front of her ex is a bit mean.

Not really a first date thing, but we did see my ex that afternoon and me, my (ex now) boyfriend, and his friend were making fun of him, talking over him when he tried to talk to me stuff like that.

• You say asking a girl out in front of her ex is mean... but you didn't say no. You didn't spare your ex's feelings either. He has no responsibility toward your ex, but you might.

And then after that you made fun of your new boyfriend, or of your original ex?

• I know he's your ex and everything, but you should've stood up for him. By standers are just as bad as the "bullies." He wasn't friends with your ex so no one can really blame him for making a mistake, he had no attachment to the guy. but you at one point cared for your ex (and clearly cared enough to be offended that the guy insulted him). I wouldn't date a guy who needlessly went out of his way to be a douche to innocent people in the first place.

• I agreed to meet up with this guy after work. Saw him twice before briefly several months earlier. He was the best friend of a very close guyfriend of mines who had a bit of a crush on me. He said he had wanted my phone number but he didn't want to ask his best friend but eventually after a drunk night he did.

He seemed like a sweet guy. I told him I was tired and he said he just wanted a moment of my time, that he had been wanting to see me for months and begged me not to make him suffer.

I meet him at the restaurant. I get out of the car, I turn and I place my purse on the hood, turn around to give him a hug, He wraps his arms around me, grabs my ass (the lower part), pulls me up, presses me against him and his Erection and moans as he tells me how sexy I look

: /

So the biggest mistake?

1. Feeling me up before the date even starts,

2. Exposing an Erection 2 seconds into the date..

Seriously, If you get an erection on the first date, Hide It ;)

• He sure wanted a "moment of your time" all right...

• Lol Exactly Lol, It was shocking. I ended up telling him I wasn't hungry.

What Guys Said 7

• That is pretty damn nasty. Shoes should be kept on in the cinema.

Biggest mistake besides poor manners etc.

For the guy: not having a plan or where you're going, what you're doing. Just going with the flow and doing whatever might seem groovy and all, but women desire leadership.

For the girl: not showing up.

• Actually, I don't mind just going with the flow and figuring it out as you go along. As long as it's not totally "dur, I dunno, what do you wanna do?"

• probably "NOT f*cking me"...wait, what? oh, sorry...i meant "not being yourself."

• Either trying to move too fast physically, or bringing things into the conversation which are best left out of it until both people have gotten to know each other on a much deeper level: exes, politics, controversial topics, etc.

• Not banging (srs)

• They pass terrible rotten-egg gas.

• That they actually go on a date.

• talk too much, talk about exes