Vocabulary help needed: I asked my boyfriend why he was distant and he said ''he was just underwater''?

What does it mean? Thanks for your English help :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It usually means that he is surrounded by issues, but don't feel as if you need to give him space, take it as he has a lot on his shoulders and you have subconciously become less of a priority, let him know that your there for him if he needs to talk, and just cuddle up when your with him, ask no questions, he will tell you no lies, eventually he will see you as someone who could help him, and an occassional massage wouldn't hurt, good luck,x

• I agree with you, thankyou so much!

What Guys Said 2

• I think the word he might have been thinking of is 'inundated', which means to flood with water but also to overwhelm. So right now he is feeling overwhelmed by something.

• Sounds to me like you might be drowning him.

Guys hate it when girls ask questions like that, and if you ask them too often, he`ll feel like you`re drowning him, and then he will be distant, and then he will be gone.

If you want him to be more attentive, act sexy toward him, make advances, whisper sexy things in his ears, rub your ass in his crotch as you walk by, etc, etc. He`ll be all over you in no time.

• No way, I'm not clingy at all! We didn't talk in the last 2 days that's why I asked that! He is dealing with a lot of problems at his current job, so I assume he is drowing at work then!

What Girls Said 0