Is online dating a different experience for men than it is for women?

Well I'm just wondering if it feels in a different way? :))

You think people will consider online for some reason?

• YES
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

• Men: Tons of frustration in sending out countless messages with minimal to no response. Most of the women have a sense of entitlement from all the messages they receive and/or are overweight, get initial messages generally from undesirable women.

Women: Have to deal with guys sending out tons of generic messages, receive sexual solicitations from creepy guys, can't read most of the messages they get.

Guys/girls: Sometimes find success, but generally have to wade through a lot of crap. Girls, as long as they have at least average looks and weight are at a strong advantage, if nothing else because it is a number game.

• well, as I've said I guess it all depends, some girls are on online dating site are just insane and you really can tell if they are nice or not or well educated too... I've been in a dating site for 5months and everyone who message me I replied to them and if they asked me if I am interested or what I'm straight to the point and I always put in my BIOGRAPHY that I'm looking for friends and someone that I can talk to and maybe can lead to more than friends.. etc

What Guys Said 9

• Are you serious? How many first contact e-mails do you think the average guy get on an online dating site?

• Completely different. I once made a profile as a girl, just to see what was going on. It was like night and day.

Women - attention, pick of most anyone, participation, but you have to filter their motives

Men - pretty much the opposite

A dating site I was on once wrote an article about it. The experience men get causes a 'desperation feedback loop' where they broaden their search and put less effort into individual messages, which just drives women into being overwhelmed and not checking their mail anymore. Was a good article.

Naturally some guy who is very attractive (or hideous girl) will inevitably comment to the contrary. They are called 'outliers' but for the big ole hunk of the bell curve... look no further.

• This is true. Try making a profile as a guy (when you're a girl) and it will be a true test of your flirting skills if you can get much of a response from other girls. lol

(Assuming you make the guy fairly average in terms of looks, income, hobbies, etc.)

• ohhh that's too bad, well I guess guy get depression because they do have higher expectations or let say girls that they have talk to are really weird and insane and just fooling around... sad but true..

• I don't even understand what you wrote. Fail.

• Never done it. Seems like it would be more like a sales pitch and making appointments to me rather then meeting someone interesting in your daily life and wanting to know more about them. I don't have a problem with getting to know people online who happen to be interested in similar things, but when a bunch of people go to one place and are like I'm interested in dating someone, you are as well, let me see your resume lol... It doesn't seem natural to me. I guess something like speed dating would seem the same way (another thing I haven't tried)... So how does online dating feel to you?

• uhmmm it feels good at first when you knew someone is ACTING and as if caring for you when in fact he just fooled me, were planning to meet in person but I found out that he's a liar so not good XP for me then

• hahah that was last month that I was in texas so I go back here, I did that for my vacation ehhe :)

ohh yeah I am ehhe :) hahaha there are some but they are married and some are kinda gay so I'm just doing my job and make myself busy :)

• Most men take dating sites seriously while most women want attention. I used to use them. The only women I talked to were whores and/or had personalities I didn't like at all. Waste of time.

• :I tried online dating too but most men are rude and think I'm fake even if I do have camera so I guess its not worth it. so I stop it... Well, I guess it depends not all the same...

• yeah it sure is

• obviously

• Yes, most of the females are there fat...

• I don't think it is for me personally, but then again, I can't say for sure for most men.

• hehehe.. everyone has their own perception about it... its alright :) I do have a bad experience in dating site hahah guy fooled me and always hurt my feelings

• Life is eh, whatever. I sure wish you'd tell me what happened with this douche :( what'd he do?

• ohh yeah, well he keeps on acting that he's a sincere one when in fact he's a liar he's in relationship already yet on dating site...

• From my experience with things like craigslist and dating sites, most of the females who are there are fat. Besides that, the women will be the one who is pursued 99% of the time on them. Pretty meh experience.

• ohhh I see, you know what even if they are fat they are still human that have feelings and want to experience things that they haven't tried like being in-love etc I guess its alright, while me I've been in a dating site but guys fooled me and always trying to hurt my feelings so I stop it

• Of course not. But the majority of men don't care for fat girlfriends either. If they do, that's totally cool. But most don't.

• ohhh that's too bad then... sigh...

What Girls Said 0