What changes did you make that helped you meet a guy/girl

I have been single for about 5 years & in that time I think I've only been asked on one date. I don't know why I don't get approached more, it;s starting to really get me down. Most people, no matter how dumb or nasty or ugly go on a few dates, but not me, and I think I am attractive and a decent person. Have you been in the same position, and if so was there anything you changed that helped you to meet someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe instead of waiting (or expecting) to be approached and asked out you should take matters into your own hands.

I don't think looking pretty an waiting for mr right workes that well. Life is not a fairy tale (yes I am talking about sleeping beauty).

• I have tried, but then I worry I am chasing the guy and that they don't like that! To be honest I did tell a couple of guys I liked them and got turned down so now I am scared to do that.

• Guys also get constantly turned down. And so they are scared. That's life. Happening outside your comfort zone.

What Guys Said 2

• Do you put yourself out there in social situations?

• In what way? I go out a lot, I just find I am never approached.

• I think so! I certainly try to be!

• When I'm looking for a girl I put effort out to talk to people and am direct about it.

• we need a picture to evaluate your attractiveness.

• To be honest it is irrelevant how attractive I am/not. Even ugly people get dates. I don't!

• I spoke to strangers at a party I went to last night. I am not GREAT at talking to people I don;t know though.

• "i don't know" means not a lot. or almost none.

if you're not "great" or comfortable at talking with strangers then you should get some HELP. for example there are plenty of books on the subject of making conversation/small talk with a complete stranger. it's actually an art/science. and you're not alone. a lot of people don't know or can't do this.

What Girls Said 1

• I started online dating. You have to be very selective when it comes to that too. Just remember when you see good looking guys act precautions because they could be a player just looking for sex or just causal dating. Good Luck