Treating a girl like a queen/princess?

I hear some girls say that their S/O treats them like a queen/princess. What exactly do they mean by this? I thought girls didn't want guys to follow everyone of their commands and not put up an argument or agree with everything they say. I'm just curious as to what a girl means when her s/o treats her like a queen/princess. Do you want your boyfriend to treat you like a queen, if so what would you expect of him?

So I'll I'm getting from most of these girls is that they want to be treated with respect and some like to be complimented every now and then. So would you say the latter things is what makes some ladies feel like princesses?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard women say "hubby treats me like a queen" and I've heard people say you should "treat your man like a king."

Have you ever heard some people say that some children are fortunate enough to be spoiled by a loving, caring family and parents whereas some children are spoiled with material items? In the long run, which is most beneficial? The loving parents and family of course. The same goes for the relationship.

To me, it translates into being respectful, showing your love and appreciation for the person and making them a top priority. But I also believe there are some men and women who go above and beyond that call by doing small things for their girl/man. For instance, a woman might be caught off guard if you buy her favorite flowers for her on Valentines Day. It means something if she mentioned if a while back and you still remember. Or, if a woman knows her guy has been going through a stressful time at work and he comes home to his all time favorite dinner. Or if a womans husband tells her how thankful he is for her to be his wife and mother of his children on Mother's Day. Or opening/holding the door. Supporting them when they have to make tough decisions or are going through a rough patch

It doesn't mean blowing your whole paycheck on her(although for golddiggers it may) and it doesn't mean wasting ALL of your time and energy on showing them how much they mean to you, but successful relationships require effort on both parts.

In short: It means he's a good boyfriend who knows how to treat his lady. Mind you, all women are different.

• Wow, this is a great answer. This is the exact explanation I was looking for. The girl that said her boyfriend treats her like a queen doesn't get too many material things from him, but she claims he treats her like a queen. I'm sure this is what she meant by it.

• Thank you!

Keep in mind, there are definite exceptions with this and there are females out there who associate being spoiled by material items with being treated like a queen/princess. There are those girls, but they aren't all too common. I think the average woman would rather an appreciative, respectful boyfriend as opposed to someone who isn't there for her emotionally and gives her gifts.

• No problem.

I definitely know that there's some girls out there who want material things and money. That's definitely not the type of girl I'm looking for and if I ever did encounter her I would make sure to put a stop to the relationship pretty soon.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 13

• I don't think that when a girl say that her guy treats her like a queen/princess...it means that he's at her beck and call, spoils her, etc. I just think it simply means that the guy makes her feel significant and special. That can be done without buying gifts or following her every command. It means that when she has a problem, he listens, when she says something about her birthday or anniversary, he remembers, when she gets sad, he will try to cheer her up. Maybe he's a bit of a romantic and does the whole candlelight dinner, walk on the beach and slow dancing bit. It has absolutely nothing to do with feeling helpless or having a sense of entitlement. If I were ever to say "this guy treats me like a princess or queen", it just means he knows how to love me the right way and he makes me feel special. I don't think there is anything negative about that. You can treat some as an equal and still treat them like a princess. Why is everyone is disgusted with this? This is exactly why so many people choose to believe that romance is dead.

• This is another good answer and something more along the lines of what I thought she meant when she said he treated her like a princess. I agree, though. I don't think it would take too much for a girl to feel appreciated. Thanks for answering.

• maybe they want the guy to constantly buy them things, pay attention to every word they say, and call them alot?

idk. I wouldn't know.

• I don't think that's what this girl meant. That's why I'm asking this question.

• If a guy treats me like a queen or princess, he's respectful and supportive of me. He knows I can stand on my own two feet and am capable of doing things myself, but still likes helping me or doing things for me from time to time. He always adores me and wants to protect me.

• Well I don't think that's asking to much in a relationship. I would gladly do that. I hope you can find your prince charming that treats you like that. :)

• A queen defers to a king. so no. id expect to be treated as an equal partner, not a pawn.

• Well it doesn't have to mean being showered with gifts but what's your personal definition of a guy treating you like a queen?

• I don't need to be treated like a queen but my husband does it anyways. He respects me and does nice things for me all the time without me asking. In turn, I treat him like a king. We have a lot of love for each other and it just comes naturally.

• This is the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to know what exactly their s/o does for them that makes them feel like princesses. I guess it's just love, respect, and doing some nice things for them. Am I right?

• yup!

• Alright, cool.

More from Girls
8

What Guys Said 7

• Never treat a woman better simply because she is a woman. That's not equality, that's preferential.

If she deserves it she gets treated well, if she's a demanding parasite then she can find someone else to put up with her BS

• I agree. I don't think the girl I was talking with preferred to be treated better, I think she meant that the guy she's with treats her like peace.love.couture said up there.

• im sorry come again please I did not catch that...

• What exactly does a guy have to do for a girl to feel like a queen or princess.

• treating someone like a princesss mostly means going down to tie her shoes and stuff like that act like a knight would in front of a queen, being a gentleman without being a slave pretty much buy her stuff (not gold and stuff) flowers, maybe? sometime, give her the best spot on the buss / the couch and so on put her b4 you b noble f*** sake ain't you got a brain man how hard cna it be to count out

• lol Alright, I guess I see what you mean.

• Treat women as equals. None of this princess stuff.

• Well if she treats you like a prince, isn't it right for you to treat her like a princess? haha

• Only if she treats me like a prince. Remember, we're equal.

• Yeah, there's definitely no reason in treated her like a queen if she treats you like a peasant.

• i better be getting treated like a king then lol

• lol Well most girls just want respect, love, and some compliments to feel like a queen. Would you feel like a king if they treated you like that?

• that would work for me :)

• haha Alright, that's good.

More from Guys
2