Why do guys seem to move on from relationships so quickly? Or do they?

I was just wondering. I think I'm pretty in a pretty good place after my break-up in March but I wonder why a lot of guys act really cold and uncaring after even serious break-ups.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the guy. Some guys might be so destroyed by a break up that it takes them years to get back into the game. Other guys just want meaningless sex and that's apparently easy to find. They might have a girl on their arm but that doesn't mean they're invested beyond her ability to get him off. Women being typically more emotional might put more emphasis into finding a real relationship or risk being labeled loose or slutty just for finding a new guy quickly. As least that's how it used to be, now that women are getting a bit more generally bold it's hard to level that double standard as much.

What Guys Said 1

• depends on the guy...Usually men don`t like to show their emotions,so even if they are destroyed inside,they wanna show they`re fine,and to many men,engaging in a new relationship helps them forget their ex more quickly...but anway,it depends on the guy

What Girls Said 2

• For a lot of guys, acting cold and uncaring is their way of trying to move on. Guys tend to hide how devastated they are after a break-up because they feel as society expects them to remain strong.

• Some do and some don't.