To get involved, or not?

So I just graduated from college and in a few months I'm going to be starting a profession that is going to require a lot of travel and a lot of focus. Like 3 to 4 weeks away at a time. Before leaving for college I had a thing going with this girl for awhile but after I left we sort of quite talking. So right now I'm back in my home town for 2-3 months. The other night me and this same girl get to chatting on Facebook and sort of make plans to hang out this summer. My question is: If you were in the same time frame would you take the chance of seeing someone you used to like knowing that it could possibly turn into something more or just stay focussed on your career?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi there, I just wrote an article about this on GAG named Top 10 Rules to finding your wife. Rule#9 named "You can walk and chew gum at the same time". In this rule I state that it is a huge risk that most men take to live the bachelor life and focus on their careers in hopes that when they get older the women that remain will be as promising as the woman they gave up in their earlier years. You can walk and chew gum at the same time so why does it have to be all or nothing. Why not do both. Why not focus on your career and date/have a relationship at the same time if a woman that peeks your interest comes into your life. I have seen several men pass up wonderful women for the sake of their career and then when they make it to the top the ones that remain are no match but because you are then at a certain age and what a family and kids you settle for the next decent woman that comes into your life and years later feel unfulfilled. Go for both, why limit yourself if you don't have to. Also this is a great way to learn work/life balance at a younger age. I also provide another statement in my article that is an additional benefit to growing with someone while you are working on your career..."The woman that only sees you when you reach the top may not stay if you ever hit the bottom, however the woman that you met while you were at the bottom will usually always stay regardless of where you land." God bless. Wish you the best.

What Girls Said 2

• You should see her, even tho you know things could get more serious. Yes your job is very important to you and that is great, but your family and friends are more important. Its not about how successful you are in life, but knowing that you really lived life that is important! Don't let a job get in your way of possibly finding love! Besdies, this girl may not mind the distance.

• Who says you can't do both?

What Guys Said 0