Dealing with lack of personal time in a relationship?

How do you cope with the loss of personal free time when you're in a relationship? That has been one of the hardest adjustments for me. I'm in a distance relationship right now, so most of the time I'm not at work or doing chores of some sort, I'm at my boyfriend's doing whatever he wants to do. Any advice?

What Guys Said 1

• Talk about it like adults. Make rules. It's not bad I ask for personal time. I have struggled with this myself and am now simply asking for it. And my girlfriend will gladly go out or have some other friends activity because she understands I need that sometimes. In short, the is no need to compromise when it's addressed openly.

• What about in a distance relationship? It seems like we're usually stuck together at one or the others' place... Any tips for making that work without leaving the other person isolated at the other one's home?

What Girls Said 0